What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad you enjoyed your day out with friend and the mashed potato it does you good to do things with others and the laughs are a huge bonus,like you I'd run out of test strips yesterday but has my hubby has same meter has myself I borrowed a couple from him, got them now he picked my prescription up at doctors yesterday afternoon. Hubby has only been diagnosed 12 months and already he has high blood pressure and cellulitis in both legs, don't know much about this condition any one know anything of it.
It's 4 am I'm up and writing this cup of coffee and tested BG @ 4am it was 6.8 Have a good day everyone! K
K Cellulitis is an infection of the deep layers of skin and tissue...the infection develops suddenly and can spread through the body quickly...I had severe cellulitis mid June 2016...there are varying degrees of severity...fortunately it sounds like your husbands GP caught this before it had a chance to spread...really take hold...by the time I got to hospital my infection marker indicated I was at the point of sepsis...it took 15 days of intravenous antibiotics...followed by a further month of oral A/Bs to see it off...your husband has my utmost sympathy...its horrid...uncomfortable...incredibly painful...usually caused by a bacterial infection...the bacteria often live harmlessly on the skin,...but can lead to an infection if they get into a break in your skin...such as a scratch...or in my case cutting my toe nails too short would you believe...I wish him the best for a speedy recovery...as said thankfully he has been diagnosed and treated promptly...hopefully on the road to a full recovery...coincidentally my blood pressure shot through the roof during treatment...and for a while afterwards...I was on blood pressure meds for six months...haven't taken that for almost a year...now my BP is fine...there may be a link between them...you could ask your GP about that...take care.

Last edited:
Reactions: Granny_grump_

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

BG is a little higher than usual this week (for me), could be my anxiety since I've been dealing with booking a holiday (not a thing you would think of as anxiety raising :( but then almost everything seems to be at the moment), or perhaps just because I'm eating more, going to try not to stress about it unless it continues to climb :)
It's yuk here outside today, sleet showers and a whistling cold wind, hope you're all warm and cosy.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Not about much anymore but still popping in when I can. This forum is far to valuable to be ignored!!

So---my fbg is still too high for me. I am 8.6 today. What is going on??? It has been up since just before Christmas when I had a small op. Expected it to go up a bit for a while. Christmas was ok, didn't over indulge, although the mince pie was delicious! But since then I have not had a fbg under 6.5. Was having 4-5 before. Have had a far bit of stress. Grandson has been very poorly but seems better. And my oh was made redundant last week. We are in that awful period of being too old to find more work and too young to retire. But this problem started before that.. Think I might start a please help thread?
glad the grandson is better k.o.l.no wonder your bgs are high with all you have had to contend with sendind big hugs and hope things settle down for you :)

Olufisayo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going out. After closing from work, I relax at home.
7 this morning. Yesterday morning it was 8. 2. I felt worried a bit. I went out for a transaction which took a long time. At a local eatery I had roasted plantain with water to wash it down. I bought some which I took home. My family enjoys rice but didn’t eat with them. I ate some of the roasted plantain I bought with too boiled eggs. I tater took my second dose of metformin 500 mg. I think the simple and not delicious meal helped my bg level a bit.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
5.8 at 6.30 a.m. (a truly horrible time of day to have to get up!) Home again now though, snuggled on the sofa and pretending there's nothing whatsoever wrong with my tooth. If it had only imparted a little wisdom before dissolving into a festering mess of infected pain I'd consider forgiving it. But too little, too late and it can't be yanked out soon enough for me!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
K Cellulitis is an infection of the deep layers of skin and tissue...the infection develops suddenly and can spread through the body quickly...I had severe cellulitis mid June 2016...there are varying degrees of severity...fortunately it sounds like your husbands GP caught this before it had a chance to spread...really take hold...by the time I got to hospital my infection marker indicated I was at the point of sepsis...it took 15 days of intravenous antibiotics...followed by a further month of oral A/Bs to see it off...your husband has my utmost sympathy...its horrid...uncomfortable...incredibly painful...usually caused by a bacterial infection...the bacteria often live harmlessly on the skin,...but can lead to an infection if they get into a break in your skin...such as a scratch...or in my case cutting my toe nails too short would you believe...I wish him the best for a speedy recovery...as said thankfully he has been diagnosed and treated promptly...hopefully on the road to a full recovery...coincidentally my blood pressure shot through the roof during treatment...and for a while afterwards...I was on blood pressure meds for six months...haven't taken that for almost a year...now my BP is fine...there may be a link between them...you could ask your GP about that...take care.
@Bubbsie when we come back from holiday he has to wear a 24 hour blood pressure monitor but from what you say it could well be related Has he has been on blood pressure medication for a number of months now,and it was under control! K

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie when we come back from holiday he has to wear a 24 hour blood pressure monitor but from what you say it could well be related Has he has been on blood pressure medication for a number of months now,and it was under control! K

I took blood pressure meds for roughly six months K...I have a monitor and always took my own BP since I knew as soon as I set foot in the surgery it would go up immediately...once it came down to normal ...my GP agreed I should stop taking the meds...but he would leave the prescription open...take my own BP every day for 2 weeks at different times of the day...if it rose then restart the meds...thankfully it's still in normal range...no BP meds for just over a year now...I usually take my BP every month and right before I have an appointment with him..its certainly something to explore with your GP.

Newbie 2 LADA

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Newbie 2 LADA - Please be very careful of making big changes to your way of living whilst you are getting used to diagnosis and getting your insulin usage/lifestyle into shape.

I'm not suggesting a keto lifestyle is a poor choice. I'm certainly not doing that, but until you have a good understanding of your reaction to your insulin, then making sweeping changes to another aspect of the puzzle could just as easily lead more confusion than less.

Please only change one thing at a time, with extreme care and with the knowledge of what to do should something unexpected happen. This is along game and you really need your medical team onside.
Thank you ! I'm being very careful because to be honest I am scared stiff!! I thought I was T2 for the last couple of years and tried v hard to get it under control - looking at the Keto diet I was almost following it anyway, so don't need to make many adjustments (although the odd After Eight has had to be binned!). Really enjoying this forum and watching everyone's journey

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you ! I'm being very careful because to be honest I am scared stiff!! I thought I was T2 for the last couple of years and tried v hard to get it under control - looking at the Keto diet I was almost following it anyway, so don't need to make many adjustments (although the odd After Eight has had to be binned!). Really enjoying this forum and watching everyone's journey

Hi there. Sounds like you'll be fine, but if you find yourself needing help, as you know there are plenty around these parts who have walked your path before you.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
11.3 for me full of cold again and coughed all night so dont think cough sweets or the glug of medicine has helped hence the high bg have a good day all
Hi Karen these colds and flu bugs are not letting up so many getting repeated coughs and colds, hope your soon feeling better,best wishes ! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone
BG at 4.55am was 5.5 well I never thought the 5s would return for a while glad they have, it's my review day today will be interesting to see what's thrown up! K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
11.3 for me full of cold again and coughed all night so dont think cough sweets or the glug of medicine has helped hence the high bg have a good day all
Dam Karen...again...as @Granny_grump_ says so difficult to avoid coughs & colds...I haven't had the kids here since last Autumn so have managed to avoid picking up anything too drastic so far (its usually them who pass it onto me)...lets hope you get some respite soon...at least its the weekend...hopefully you're not working...no...cold medications won't help...but...what can you do?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone
BG at 4.55am was 5.5 well I never thought the 5s would return for a while glad they have, it's my review day today will be interesting to see what's thrown up! K
Now things are settling down a little K...a chance to get things in perspective...those BGs are on their way down...well done...good luck with your review...mine in ten days...I can feel the anxiety rising already...keep us updated.

Reactions: karen8967