WONDERFUL NEWS

Paulines7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Stuck up people. People who do not care about others. Racists. Intolerant people. Tories.
I was suffering from diabetes 2 part of my treatment was 4 x 500g Metformin at the time and they were not working as they should so it was suggested by my doctor I might need to go onto insulin injections to control my diabetes this frightened me.

So after doing quite a bit of research I came across the low carb high fat lifestyle and in the forums I was reading about amazing weight loss and in some cases reversing diabetes.

Well today my Doctor stopped all my medication for diabetes because I am (NO LONGER DIABETIC)

I am hoping my story will help motivate others

I weighed 17 stone 3lbs = 241 Lbs

I now weigh 11 Stone 10 Lbs = 164 Lbs = 77 Lbs loss

Well done Viv, that is a great weight loss. I am also on a low carb high fat diet and don't eat rice, pasta and flour products. I occasionally will have half of a potato and a tiny piece of parsnip. I have found protein rolls in Lidl to eat occasionally and they do not raise my bg levels very much.

I don't take medication for my Type 2 as since diagnosis 4 years ago, I rely on diet alone. I lost almost a stone since last summer but then put 4lbs back on and am now 14st 10lbs and have been stuck at that weight. My HbA1c is about 50 and my GP is happy with that. The reason it isn't lower is because I am not prepared to give everything up and like to have a Mini Magnum after my evening meal and I often have some dark chocolate late at night when doing a crossword in bed.

My breakfast is normally a small avocado (or half a large one), filled with full fat cottage cheese. Lunchtime is normally eggs, sometimes with bacon or two 97% pork sausage. My evening meal consists of meat and plenty of brassicas and other green vegetables. I have 2 or 3 cups of coffee per day and have cream rather than milk. During the evening, I drink "no added sugar" squash and have some wine at weekends. For snacks I have nuts or home made low carb scones or cakes.

Viv, did you have any of those diet drinks whilst you were losing weight? I have some in the cupboard but they have a lot of carbs in them so I have not been using them.

Reactions: Prem51

Krisbaron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was suffering from diabetes 2 part of my treatment was 4 x 500g Metformin at the time and they were not working as they should so it was suggested by my doctor I might need to go onto insulin injections to control my diabetes this frightened me.

So after doing quite a bit of research I came across the low carb high fat lifestyle and in the forums I was reading about amazing weight loss and in some cases reversing diabetes.

Well today my Doctor stopped all my medication for diabetes because I am (NO LONGER DIABETIC)

WELL DONE

Krisbaron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

WELL DONE

Krisbaron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
WELL DONE , I'm trying now to do the same ...I started 2 weeks ago the doctor Taylor diet .

abcd99

I am very happy for you. Your curing is another step towards hope.......hope that one day some cure will come out for all who are trapped in this. Tell me please what do you exactly mean by low crab and high fat lifestyle........my son is diabetic type 1, will this life style help him too.

kipkatzzz_

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
When I eat out I tell the waiter that I am diabetic and ask if I can have salad or some green vegetables instead of chips. I haven't been refused yet and I mainly eat in cheap restaurants such as Hungry Horse and Brewers Fayre! I don't know if they have those in Australia but I am sure they will have something similar. I usually have steak or fish such as grilled trout or bass and avoid fish in batter or breadcrumbs. I hope you find somewhere better for your next meal out.

It seems that here in Australia fast food is the order! We arrived in Sydney yesterday & I had my first proper, full size salad - Caesar, with chicken & it was fab! They eat massive portions here too but at least I found a delicious salad!

Reactions: ixi1429 and Prem51