Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You've had a bad start to the day, and from the sound of it you handled it and sorted the problems. Now you need to cut yourself some slack, do something for you. I don't know much about diabetes but from the little I do know a de stress would do you good. Could anyone childmind for a bit so that you can unwind. Sending you hugs . I have seen your support of others, just wish I had the right words for you xxx
I'm ok now but totally agree I need to float away in a swimming pool, even just for a few minutes. Swimming/floating is planned this month.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Forgot to post yesterdays - 5.4 at 7.40 am (had been 5.9 at 11.25 pm, took 3 units of Levemir).

This morning was 6.4 at 8.30 am - had been 5.9 at 11.50 pm, but I reduced my Levemir to 2 units.

First time for over four weeks that I've been over 5.9 - will have to see how it goes for the next few days.
Maybe 7s with no basal? I could live with that but how are other bgs showing?

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning
My fasting bloods have ranged from 7.5 to 8.5 this week....
I take 2 x 500mg Metformin daily

Any advice or thoughts on these results?
Thanks in advance
Caroline

Maybe eat less carbs and exercise and build more muscles ,fasting is also helpful like only eating in a timewindow of 7-8 hours a day like from 11 -19 o”clock