Finally!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I finally got my omnipod, 6 days ago :)
I love not having to do injections, and coupled with the libre it’s awesome :D
Just need to sort my basal levels now, as definitely some problems at different times of the day... I’ll get there :)

Reactions: Books1 and Sean0711

mossys

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had my Animas Vibe for three months and the CGM (dexcom) has helped enormously with my Basal levels. Had a good day so far today
My area doesn't support the omnipod ☹️

55f7e88762f47bd34866de3388111a08.jpg

Reactions: porl69

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had my Animas Vibe for three months and the CGM (dexcom) has helped enormously with my Basal levels. Had a good day so far today
My area doesn't support the omnipod ☹️

55f7e88762f47bd34866de3388111a08.jpg

Is that image the CGM? looks lovely...

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
Love my omnipod was injecting before had it nealy 2 years and pump(s) are life savers
Plus I love diabetes its just part of my life...

Sonnyb2

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
Congrats. I have had my Medtronic for 7 days and loving it.

steveeast

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How does this pump work? I am type 1 diabetic and have been since 2003 and want to know more about this?
Steve

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
Hi Steve,
We have been diabetic for almost the same time. All pumps are pretty much the same in what they do. Although really new to the pump game, I have found it a game changer. I was really bad at taking the basal at the same time every night. I find it much less hassle on the pump, your insulin consumption drops dramatically and your control goes up. I was worried about sleeping with it, I let the pump off the leash and let it go free range, no problems. My only issue is carb counting when eating out. I have one big regret I didn't get a pump years ago. Do it. As for the brand that is difficult, but a good diabetic team will match you up with a good pump for you.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you got the libre on prescription Brad?

I DO have the libre on prescription now, on a 6 months then review basis... however actually getting the sensors from my pharmacy is a different story lol. I think they’ll get it sorted, but it’s a slow process for them setting up the portal and being authorised etc...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice one.....

The libre should make the basal rate establishment pretty snappy.....

It’s certainly helped! Only had the pump about a week and made a few tweaks. I was having consistent hypos around 1800, and still getting the dawn rise, so I’ve tweaked about and it’s on the right track :)
However I now I have a stinker of a cold, so everything’s temporarily out the window haha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How does this pump work? I am type 1 diabetic and have been since 2003 and want to know more about this?
Steve

The big thing about the omnipod, is that it’s tubeless. There’s nothing, just a small ‘patch pump’, I’ll attach a pic of my latest one :)
557b46c3ab9ab39109420d5c204d7857.jpg

Reactions: tircoed

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How much bigger then a libre sensor is that? Also does it hurt on insertion or when insulin is given?