What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Good morning everyone
4.20 am BG was 5.2 wonderful
Now for my holiday so my last posting is tomorrow's will see you all later,need something to eat now! K
Hope you have a great weekend everyone,it's pouring it down here,but forecast for Spain better!!! We hope! K
Wish you a lovely holiday

Maddog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I will never understand this diabetes stuff! Pizza, glass of red wine and a small dessert last night and I wake to 4.8!!! Lowest I’ve ever been! Can only think I’ll get hit hard tomorrow morning. Delayed reaction maybe?? Been desperate to get to the 4s. If pizza and wine is the answer then happy days!!!!! Will make millions selling this diet

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Wish you a lovely holiday
Thank you @heavyd it has to be better than in UK at the moment,hope your keeping well, will be back on before my op. we will catch up then and hopefully my BG will stay ok whilst we are away! ? K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi Kentoldlady1 with your stress levels and probably not a lot of sleep could be the answer to your raised BG levels,wish you lots of Best Wishes to you and your family! K

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. A bit late posting today. Stayed up until early morning and slept in.

Fasting blood sugars at 1 p.m. were 5.4

@Granny_grump_ -- Wonderful test results. Congrats on your hard work. It is also great to see your fbgs dropping. Hope you have a fun and relaxing time in Spain.

@Kentoldlady1 -- So sorry to read about your rising blood sugar levels. I really empathize with you.

@Cumberland and @philchap1 -- Please take care, these readings are bit low.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everybody...............5.6 today,late posting,HGV have increased their activity to long drawn out horn sounding!Last night 2am then 4.15am.Just very tired from lack of sleep.
Have a great holiday,@Granny_grump_
@Kentoldlady1 hope things settle for you soon,you have had so much stress.My son has just been made redundant by a firm in Kent,and it's very stressful.
@Freema,enjoy your knitting,I'm making a scarf or cowl for each grand child,I hope I finish them all before the winter ends!It keeps me out of mischief!

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10.3 at 6.45am :(

I've only been testing for just about 2 weeks. I was denied a meter/strips and discouraged from testing ! No medication (yet, but will be I'm told) still waiting to attend DESMOND.

i had 2 Ryvita with cheese and 2 digestives at 10pm.

This is the highest morning reading yet.

I'm discovering that I can't even eat a little something 9- 10pm anymore with my readings being about min 7.5 and 9.5 in the mornings :cry: I have no clue what to do as I'm sometimes at the gym so don't get home until 8.30pm...

What fast acting insulin are on? as if I'm hungry or fancy a mars bar I'll give myself some fast acting and make sure I do BG before bed if it's hi I'll do some more fast acting, generally my BG in the morning is what I want, not always though.

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hello all. A bit late posting today. Stayed up until early morning and slept in.

Fasting blood sugars at 1 p.m. were 5.4

@Granny_grump_ -- Wonderful test results. Congrats on your hard work. It is also great to see your fbgs dropping. Hope you have a fun and relaxing time in Spain.

@Kentoldlady1 -- So sorry to read about your rising blood sugar levels. I really empathize with you.

@Cumberland and @philchap1 -- Please take care, these readings are bit low.

I have been ok since hypo
Thanks @ziggy_w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Awoke at 4am with hypo of 2.7 so treated and after 20 minutes gradually stepped up to 3.1, 3.8, 4.6 so went back to bed and at 9.30am was 5.8

I’m okay now

Have a good day peeps
Aw cumbs still having those hypos☹i went low b4 my tea 3.5 must have been all the shopping for me hope your ok

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all. 8.5 today. Really getting worried about it now. Goes up to +10 during the day sometimes.
KOT this diabetes lark seems to go in spirals...stress...lack of sleep...anxiety...agree with @Granny_grump_ likely the lack of sleep & stress is responsible...there's little we can do about that...hope you get some respite soon.

Reactions: Cumberland