What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
5.1 at 6.26am looking forward to a nice relaxing day today.Yesterday was back st swimming. Was thinking about that swim 22 for diabetes U.K. and it’s a hell of a distance. I’d need at least 2 visits a week and slog it out hard. Something definitely to think about.

I hope you all have an awesome Sunday whatever you get up to :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Thank you. I am hopeful that my oh is getting an interview this week and I am applying for work. Its hard tho. I look after my grandchildren so that my daughter and d in law can work, so that's going to be really difficult to manage. But in the great scheme of things its not too bad. I keep reminding myself that we are all ok and my grandson seems much better. He has another hospital apt later this month, so all fingers and toes are crossed.
Hope you are well. x
@Kentoldlady1 Wishing all good things for you and your family,and hopefully your hubby can find work soon so you don't need too! And best wishes to your little grandson hope everything goes well for him on his next hospital visit! K

Reactions: Cumberland

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
6.2 at 10.30 a.m. - should have measured when I got up but wanted to get the dogs out while it was dry. By the time I got back I'd gone a bit higher than usual. Hey-ho - dogs are tired out and sleepy which is a bonus 'cos I have a fair bit to get done today. Also it meant I got brunch instead of brekkie, and I'm dearly fond of sausage, bacon and eggs, with a few grilled tomatoes. Downside is I'm a bit stuffed, and don't really want to do any chores at all!

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning after third night with next to no sleep and a bunch of weirdish readings yesterday was 6.2 after lunch then several hours after and not eating was 8.0 before dinner then 6.4 an hour after dinner and then 5.3 an hour after that and 5.4 at bed time. Theres no accounting for D even when you think you've got it hacked.
My readings are all over the place too.Ive tried blaming lack of sleep weather or stress and worry
or carbs,but there isn't an obvious correlation........now I'm thinking in my own case,age and having D2 for seventeen years before discovering LC diet.My pancreas must have taken a hammering!!My Hbac is now downto 41 which I'm very pleased about after 15 months of low carbing.The newly diagnosed and pre diabetics get much faster results,so it's a case of hanging in there knowing we are doing the best we can for ourselves!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My readings are all over the place too.Ive tried blaming lack of sleep weather or stress and worry
or carbs,but there isn't an obvious correlation........now I'm thinking in my own case,age and having D2 for seventeen years before discovering LC diet.My pancreas must have taken a hammering!!My Hbac is now downto 41 which I'm very pleased about after 15 months of low carbing.The newly diagnosed and pre diabetics get much faster results,so it's a case of hanging in there knowing we are doing the best we can for ourselves!
HbA1c of 41 is a remarkable result...and after 17 years Glenmac...well done.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...can't believe the weekend has gone...a very lazy day yesterday...ate badly...no walking...spent the day hibernating... watching rubbish TV (back to back episodes of Will & Grace)...did nothing I should have done...determined to do better today...this week...woke to an undeserved & surprising 4.8.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Yep. Not one part of me wants to go to work today but hey, I do want the pay-packet at the end of the month so I'd better turn up!

4.8 at 6.20 a.m. What I did right I have no idea. I ate a roast dinner last night (including a naughty roast parsnip) but didn't bother with fruit afterwards because I was full. I'll eat the blueberries at lunch today; don't want them to go to waste. Didn't eat anything else in the evening because I wasn't remotely peckish. *tries to shine very dirty halo*