Freestyle libre iPhone app

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just downloaded this but as I understand it... but as I understand it - you have to activate the sensor with the reader first, and then within the first hour of it being active, also scan with the phone? I am basing this off what I believe the android users do but my current sensor has 10 days to go so probably can't get this moving until the next one.

Reactions: mytype1.life

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Just downloaded this but as I understand it... but as I understand it - you have to activate the sensor with the reader first, and then within the first hour of it being active, also scan with the phone? I am basing this off what I believe the android users do but my current sensor has 10 days to go so probably can't get this moving until the next one.
Yep you have to activate the new sensor with the reader first and then within an hour activate your phone. Its is very good as you ALWAYS remember to take your phone with you and I have mine set to upload the tests to Diasend automatically so my DNS can check up on me lol

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
...... I have mine set to upload the tests to Diasend automatically so my DNS can check up on me lol

I thought that the Diasend upload was done at the phone, but in fact, I was told by Diasend tech that that is not the case. Librelink uploads to libreview, Diasend servers poll routinely to collect the data. The Diasend app just gives you a (rather nice) view of your Diasend data. Obvious when you think about it, you connect from the Diasend web pages and provide it with your libreview credentials.

BananaK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sooo excited and soooo disappointed all at the same time. Can’t wait for iOS - I just hope the Australian App Store gets it soon.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I thought that the Diasend upload was done at the phone, but in fact, I was told by Diasend tech that that is not the case. Librelink uploads to libreview, Diasend servers poll routinely to collect the data. The Diasend app just gives you a (rather nice) view of your Diasend data. Obvious when you think about it, you connect from the Diasend web pages and provide it with your libreview credentials.
Sorry @barrym you are correct. I had to log into my Diasend account and go int "Account Admin" and then to connect App, the it has the Apps you can connect to Diasend. Should have put that it 1st before the quick comment

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

Just checked my Diasend account and my data from this morning is up on it

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I reckon Diasend must collect the data about every three or four hours. Certainly not instant, and definitely multiple times a day.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yep you have to activate the new sensor with the reader first and then within an hour activate your phone. Its is very good as you ALWAYS remember to take your phone with you and I have mine set to upload the tests to Diasend automatically so my DNS can check up on me lol

Sorry for being dense,,, I am assuming we are talking within the hour warm-up period.

I usually connect my reader to the Libre software I downloaded onto my PC. Presumably so long as I scan with the reader within an 8 hour period it will have that information still?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Sorry for being dense,,, I am assuming we are talking within the hour warm-up period.

I usually connect my reader to the Libre software I downloaded onto my PC. Presumably so long as I scan with the reader within an 8 hour period it will have that information still?

LOL....not dense at all. I start the new sensor with the Abbotts reader and then scan the sensor with the LibreLink App on my phone. In the warm up hour. It will not work on the phone if you wait over the hour.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
LOL....not dense at all. I start the new sensor with the Abbotts reader and then scan the sensor with the LibreLink App on my phone. In the warm up hour. It will not work on the phone if you wait over the hour.
One more question as I don't use Diasend. In the 'old' days I downloaded a piece of software on my PC which read the info from my reader and I print off stuff and brandish it (and my MFP logs and my BP measurements) at my GP (non threateningly, of course!)...

I have now had to sign up to Libreview - presumably so the app can send data there - will it have the same info/printable reports?

It annoys me greatly I need to wait for 10 days until the new sensor is on. Bah.

Then again... I am sure there might be a few bugs to iron out so maybe a blessing in disguise!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
One more question as I don't use Diasend. In the 'old' days I downloaded a piece of software on my PC which read the info from my reader and I print off stuff and brandish it (and my MFP logs and my BP measurements) at my GP (non threateningly, of course!)...

I have now had to sign up to Libreview - presumably so the app can send data there - will it have the same info/printable reports?

It annoys me greatly I need to wait for 10 days until the new sensor is on. Bah.

Then again... I am sure there might be a few bugs to iron out so maybe a blessing in disguise!

Dont know if this will help....
https://freestylediabetes.co.uk/freestyle-libre/libreview-reports

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Alas though Libre Link is in a loop not letting me sign up as the email already exists, and then not letting me reset my password.

RMSko

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone found the LibreLink app for iOS in the US? I don't see it in the app store.

RMSko

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know if there are any English versions of the app in countries that monitor glucose via mg/dl and NOT mmol/L?

djking

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know if there are any English versions of the app in countries that monitor glucose via mg/dl and NOT mmol/L?
It asks you want measurement you want to use when setting it up. :)