Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Happyhomelands

Update from earlier - lifetime ambition achieved! I swam one length of swimming pool at ripe old age of 62. All part of changing lifestyle to deal with potential nasties my bad choices and or genetics have opened me to. Loving the support on here both for myself and those like ally1.
Way to go! Fantastic!

Reactions: Prem51

Greg1957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Prunes
10.4 today, I know why, last night I treated myself to fish, chips and curry sauce, the first potatoes since last October, back on the low carbo diet today, but feel like I am losing the fight, I quit gliclizide last October, but think I should restart, I have been very strict on the diet, and have lost a lot of weight, but my numbers are rarely below 7. I had to quit using cream, it was slowing my weight loss. I just don't know what more I can do, perhaps I was to heavy to start with, but I have lost 6 stone, my hopes were up for a better result, but it seems out of reach,

Happyhomelands

I can't help with diabetes management as I m too new, however your weight loss is fantastic and must be helpful your sugars. You've had a blip with eating, now get back to your healthy habits. Don't give up now. You really don't want to go backwards. A treat now and again seems OK to me. I'm sure you'll get some good advice about gliclizide on the forum but please don't beat yourself up.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
10.4 today, I know why, last night I treated myself to fish, chips and curry sauce, the first potatoes since last October, back on the low carbo diet today, but feel like I am losing the fight, I quit gliclizide last October, but think I should restart, I have been very strict on the diet, and have lost a lot of weight, but my numbers are rarely below 7. I had to quit using cream, it was slowing my weight loss. I just don't know what more I can do, perhaps I was to heavy to start with, but I have lost 6 stone, my hopes were up for a better result, but it seems out of reach,
Think carefully before restarting Glic, this will just burn out your beta cells more. How about posting in a new thread your regime and asking for suggestions.

Reactions: Happyhomelands

Margaretjamieson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am on 100mg metformin and victoza

Thank you for replying I was on metformin but decided to come off it and tackle BS with diet I get the numbers down during the day but night time and early morning are higher. I have started to engage with the forum and finding everyone very helpful and supportive thanks