What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...absolutely freezing this morning...layered up to the hilt today...three jumpers...scarf...hot coffee...have an appointment this morning...one I can reschedule...might do that...weather report says ice frost & snow expected... do I want to drive in that if I don't have to...just can't make my mind up...more coffee then I'll decide...woke to a 4.7.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
3.3 @ 06.19, feel fine (walked less than usual after dinner last night - 4.5 miles, but interjected circa 180 push-ups during the walk, 20 at a time at random intervals. Whilst this would look odd in an urban setting, my walk was on the coast at Walton On The Naze)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.1 today

frosty when I got up but more cloudy now and above freezing which I'm glad about :) we had snow yesterday but it didn't stay around long.
Going to try to sort out another bit of wardrobe today and get some things ready to go to the charity shop. I have very few items of clothing now that I owned when I started my journey with you good and friendly folks :happy: that are of much use.
Trouble is that having been at a high weight for most of my adult life (and usually going in the upward direction size wise), I'm finding it difficult to part with things 'just in case' :(

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good morning all :)

4.1 today

frosty when I got up but more cloudy now and above freezing which I'm glad about :) we had snow yesterday but it didn't stay around long.
Going to try to sort out another bit of wardrobe today and get some things ready to go to the charity shop. I have very few items of clothing now that I owned when I started my journey with you good and friendly folks :happy: that are of much use.
Trouble is that having been at a high weight for most of my adult life (and usually going in the upward direction size wise), I'm finding it difficult to part with things 'just in case' :(
think positive geefull you wont need them;)

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
You guys are getting some great morning readings. Generally, I manage under 6mmols on waking, and I'm ok with that...but this morning's was a horrible 7.2; either due to liver dump or the fact that I have been way less strict with my low carb approach which has served me well for couple of years now...hmmm...I thought I was getting away with that...hmpph.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
4.7 at 6.30 a.m.

Thought I was over this latest allergy attack but woke to incredibly itchy, swollen eyes and skin that feels like ants are crawling on me. Back to the Prevalin and oral antihistamines. (Using one or the other has no effect whatsoever; has to be both). Hopefully in a few more days I won't be running around with red, puffy eyes. Oddly, it helps if I can keep them closed. Would that be OK at the office, you reckon? No, I didn't think so either.

Stay warm everyone!