Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
You’ve got to change the food a wee bit try things out you find the good and the bad it’s all trial and error till you do ! some do low carb some very low carb .

I prefer to mix a wee bit within reason my plates made up of a lot off salad
With maybe steak,pork,chicken lamb and even oven chips , a bit of exercise doesn’t go
Wrong either if you can manage .

I don’t go silly I just try a control it and still be happy with what I eat and it seems to work for me but it’s maybe not for everyone.

Margaretjamieson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You’ve got to change the food a wee bit try things out you find the good and the bad it’s all trial and error till you do ! some do low carb some very low carb .

I prefer to mix a wee bit within reason my plates made up of a lot off salad
With maybe steak,pork,chicken lamb and even oven chips , a bit of exercise doesn’t go
Wrong either if you can manage .

I don’t go silly I just try a control it and still be happy with what I eat and it seems to work for me but it’s maybe not for everyone.

Thanks for the advice I think it is trying different things and finding what works to reduce BS but also to feel happy and satisfied with meals - I am walking my dog twice a day so hoping this helps too! I find lower carbs helps especially evening meal - 8.2 tonight which is promising for the morning I’m hoping to get under 9! Thank you.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
3.3 @ 06.19, feel fine (walked less than usual after dinner last night - 4.5 miles, but interjected circa 180 push-ups during the walk, 20 at a time at random intervals. Whilst this would look odd in an urban setting, my walk was on the coast at Walton On The Naze)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Thank you for replying I was on metformin but decided to come off it and tackle BS with diet I get the numbers down during the day but night time and early morning are higher. I have started to engage with the forum and finding everyone very helpful and supportive thanks
I am so grateful for everyone on this great forum.
People here understand,

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
10.4 today, I know why, last night I treated myself to fish, chips and curry sauce, the first potatoes since last October, back on the low carbo diet today, but feel like I am losing the fight, I quit gliclizide last October, but think I should restart, I have been very strict on the diet, and have lost a lot of weight, but my numbers are rarely below 7. I had to quit using cream, it was slowing my weight loss. I just don't know what more I can do, perhaps I was to heavy to start with, but I have lost 6 stone, my hopes were up for a better result, but it seems out of reach,
I'm having a lack of confidence in losing ever again too. We can do this. Make a new thread and get some support, it does work. I have to do the same but too busy this morning.
I know what I did to lose my 3.5st but really struggling at mo. I think mine is a tad depression. I'm avoiding the subject with GP as I just cannot face another med.