What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, @shelley262,

It is really easy and quick. Just put some erythritol in a teflon-coated pan or pot. Heat until it is melted. Add a little bit of salt (to taste) and double cream. Wait until the mixture takes on a caramel color and most of the moisture from the double cream has evoporated. Add pecans (or other nuts). Stir until pecans are well coated. Put on a plate to cool.

Let me know how it goes if you decide to try it.

By the way, this is the first I have tried erythritol after two years of using xylitol. I have to admit erythritol is a little bit gentler on my gastrointestinal system.
Thank you @ziggy_w will let you know how it goes. I also made switch to erythritol from xytol as heard it may be better. However have only just started any cooking with sweetners recently after about a five month abstinence to try and get away from sweet habit and help with weight loss. But life is short! It dosent seem to put up my bgs which is the important thing.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Breakfast flat white coffee and inulin
Lunch 2 egg mushroom omelette
Dinner bolognese sauce served with explore cuisine bean fettuccine I find 30g filling and less than 4g carb
Coffee and hotel chocolate buttons
Felt a longer wait to dinner today imagine it’s the cold and seeing the snow fall that’s made me hungry!
Made extra tomato based sauce using fresh and sun dried tomatoes and olives - going to try a fat head pizza tomorrow for first time boys suspicious so hoping goes down well with them too. They have standard pasta when I have the bean stuff but I can’t tell the difference!

Reactions: Rachox and ziggy_w

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone,

B: full fat yogurt and chia seeds
L: salad leaves (kale, spinach, rocket) avocado
D: spinach and cheese omelete

bit chilly today, so why did I have a salad for lunch!!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi.

Woke up early intending to go to the gym but decided it was too cold! Did keep to my other intentions though, on a rare meat free day.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - tin of wild Alaskan salmon with mayonnaise and rocket and baby leaf spinach salad.

Dinner - M&S lemon and herb salmon flatties with buttered cabbage followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream. Over cooked the salmon but really enjoyed the cabbage- think it might be replacing cauliflower cheese as my favourite vegetable of the moment.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11am chicken in garlic and cream cheese.
6pm 3 Hecks sausages and scrambled egg.

May have some goatsmilk yog later.

I’ve been cold ALL DAY.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi.

Woke up early intending to go to the gym but decided it was too cold! Did keep to my other intentions though, on a rare meat free day.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - tin of wild Alaskan salmon with mayonnaise and rocket and baby leaf spinach salad.

Dinner - M&S lemon and herb salmon flatties with buttered cabbage followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream. Over cooked the salmon but really enjoyed the cabbage- think it might be replacing cauliflower cheese as my favourite vegetable of the moment.
I love taste of cabbage but my digestion dosent like it it’s much happier with cauliflower !

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all
Lunch 2 egg mushroom omelette
Dinner bolognese sauce served with explore cuisine bean fettuccine I find 30g filling and less than 4g carb
Coffee and hotel chocolate buttons
Felt a longer wait to dinner today imagine it’s the cold and seeing the snow fall that’s made me hungry!
Made extra tomato based sauce using fresh and sun dried tomatoes and olives - going to try a fat head pizza tomorrow for first time boys suspicious so hoping goes down well with them too. They have standard pasta when I have the bean stuff but I can’t tell the difference!

Snap on your dinner, I love bolognese with the Explore Cuisine pasta substitutes.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Snap on your dinner, I love bolognese with the Explore Cuisine pasta substitutes.
I’m aLways amazed at my bgs after it. 4.6 before dinner and 4.6 2 hours later and one day it even went lower!
Got cold this evening and have just made myself a hot choc with watered down double cream and 4 100% choc buttons just what I needed a hot comforting drink

Reactions: ziggy_w and Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m aLways amazed at my bgs after it. 4.6 before dinner and 4.6 2 hours later and one day it even went lower!
Got cold this evening and have just made myself a hot choc with watered down double cream and 4 100% choc buttons just what I needed a hot comforting drink

Yes my blood sugars are often the same or lower with the Explore Cuisine products. I sometimes have butternut squashetti with bolognese too.
I’m glad you’ve posted your ‘recipe’ for hot chocolate too, I bought some of the Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons the other day :hungry:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ziggy_w will let you know how it goes. I also made switch to erythritol from xytol as heard it may be better. However have only just started any cooking with sweetners recently after about a five month abstinence to try and get away from sweet habit and help with weight loss. But life is short! It dosent seem to put up my bgs which is the important thing.

I agree with you, @shelley262. We have already sacrificed so much (though it is definitely worth it). I also worry that I will be able to maintain eating low carb for life if I cut out too much variety.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Tuesday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Three scrambled eggs with mushrooms and fennel. One avocado with salt.

Lunch: Two small tartes flambe with creme fraiche, cheddar, beef salami, onion and tomato. A glass of red wine.

Dinner: A rather large serving of caramalized pecans (made with erythritol and cream).

Later that night: Another glass of red wine.

Reactions: Goonergal

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Lunch tomato omelette
Dinner my first fathead pizza Wow thanks for your inspiration @Goonergal i must admit was sceptical that would be nothing like normal pizza but I think it’s better - much tastier. Did bacon and mushroom topping rather than pepperoni - a hit in our house think it will be a regular in future
Good pudding too - made up a sugar free raspberry jelly with half pint boiling water, cooked a few raspberries with lemon juice added to jelly then topped up to one pint with double cream. Whisked it and then put in 6 pots lovely raspberry mousse.
Enjoyed my cooking session in my warm kitchen!

JamesW2612

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Breakfast: Bacon & Eggs
Lunch: 2 Ribeye Steaks
Dinner: Chicken Wings

This is probably more than would normally eat, but i was working from home today and i have a new airfryer that i wanted to test out. It was great. So fed up of the smoke in my flat after frying a steak!

I follow a zero carb diet, so i dont have any veg. I only eat from the animal kingdom. Only 5 weeks in, so will see how it goes.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

A bit late posting tonight - had to work late and not home until almost 9pm.

Glad you enjoyed the fathead pizza @shelley262 I love it!

Was VERY hungry today and feel like I ate an awful lot - according to my app it was 2,300 calories and 34g carbs, which is considerably more than normal on both counts but not excessive.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - was intending to skip but was very hungry and with BG at exactly 4.0 clearly needed to eat. Went for a Coop egg and spinach snack pot, a peperami and a small bar of 85% chocolate.

Dinner - was going to a work event so ate at Nando’s beforehand. 3 plain wings, plain chicken leg with salad.

Passed a Montezuma’s shop on the way to the event so popped in and bought a bar of Absolute Black 100% with orange and cocoa nibs. Managed to get through a big chunk of that.

Inexplicably was still hungry when I got home. Went for the quick and easy Lidl protein roll with almond butter.

Hopefully appetite will return to normal tomorrow.