now type1

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
Hognose - Forgive my curiosity, but were you an insulin dependent T2 prior to your reclassification?

If not, could I ask what led to the c-peptide test as your HbA1c results were extremely stable?
yes i was ,started on combo insulin then loads of other meds ,back to the combo insulin then ,on to lantus an novarapid which aloud me more flexabilty and went on low carb diet ,as this was working and wanted them to give me the answer t1 or t2 as i think/belive that they just saw my bg levels and my weight and just said t2 and nver tested at the start

Reactions: DCUKMod

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I am not. I've done the injections since I was diagnosed in 1984 and have had quite good control without an inordinate amount of hypoglycemic episodes. I think the pump is helpful for people who have a lot of that happen, the infusion rate can be adjusted automatically during the day/night. The person might need less insulin at night to avoid getting low for instance. Which is the most dreaded complication of Type 1 diabetes: "waking up dead".
thats good enough to stay with the injections

Reactions: Dodo

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i am late on set type 1 am told, and not type 2 as first dia,
i had a c-peptide test = 0.09 nmol/mmol severe insulin deficiency .

feeling bit lost at the mo

Better late than never @hognose .

The person might need less insulin at night to avoid getting low for instance. Which is the most dreaded complication of Type 1 diabetes:

More a miscalculation of the medication, than a representation of a possible complication from the damage done from untreated type one..

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
thank you, are you not a pumper then ?
I'm a new pumper. On injections (for many years) I would occasionally visit between 4 - 8 mmol/L and easily hit 20+ or 3 and below. Only twice in two weeks have I gone above 18 and 3 times below 3.8 and it's still being adjusted. A pump is not for everyone for a number of reasons, but combined with a CGM I find this thing is magic.

This week has been exceptionally high stress, having to drive multiple 400Km trips each way, so meals have been low quality gas station rubbish add the stress and emotional roller coaster to it and I'm amazed how it's kept me so stable. The Omnipod you can hide, it's far more difficult to hide. Luckily I'm not ashamed of being D.

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the nurse/doc put me up for the pump wether i get it or not