Fiasp vs Humalog

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
I changed from humalog to fiasp about 4 weeks ago. I am on mdi.

My blood sugars are significantly better over the last month but I have had to increase both my lunch and evening meal ratios from 2:1 and 2.5:1 to 2.5:1 and 3:1 respectively.

I have also found it tails off about 30 mins quicker than humalog. My IOB with humalog was consistently 4 hours, with fiasp it's 3'30" to 3'45"

Hi
I've been on Humalog for years and have also been using the Libre since last October. I'd really like to try Fiasp as the Libre has been showing up the post meal spikes.
What sort of pen do you use with Fiasp? Does it deliver 0.5 units?
Thanks

Canuck3618

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I started on Fiasp a week ago in place of Humalog on a MDI program. The benefit for me is that I have not been able to consistently take my insulin 15minutes before starting my meal. That results in big post meal spikes. I have not noticed any significant change in insulin requirement. I carb count and use the Libre insulin calculator. I have noticed that I have to watch for the impact of low glycemic index foods that raise BG levels towards the tail end of Fiasp effectiveness. Diabetes ain't easy. I follow the advise in "Sugar Surfing" taking micro doses of either insulin or carbs to flatten pending spikes up or down as appropriate. I find Fiasp very helfull. I only hope that Ontario will add it to their seniors drug program as is the case for Humalog. Without a funded drug plan Fiasp is beyond my budget resources.