SD Codefree - keeps losing time sync

bamba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My SD Codefree meter keeps losing time sync - getting stuck at 23:59 on the day I last used it.

Has anyone else seen this happen - is it fixed by changing battery ?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @bamba I had the same issue on a meter that was about 10 months old. Contacted Home Health who sent me a replacement free of charge. All was going well until the time got stuck last night. I have reset it, but will be monitoring to see if it recurs.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh no, my Code Free is coming up to nine months old, I’ll keep an eye on it. Will it still perform tests ok when the time has gone wonky?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no, my Code Free is coming up to nine months old, I’ll keep an eye on it. Will it still perform tests ok when the time has gone wonky?

It did keep doing tests, but I got it exchanged as I got a few unexpected results. Have kept it as a back up. Was a bit disconcerting when it happened to my new one last night. I’ll treat it as a one off blip for now as generally I’m very happy with it. Home Health were very helpful.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My first Codefree went wonky at about 9 months. They sent me a new one and a tub of 50 strips! The new one lasted a couple of years but I haven't used it in 12 months. Its gathering dust in the bag of goodies.

D

Deleted member 308541

My Abbot Freestyle looses time over a period, I hook it up to a computer that has the Abbot Auto Assist software on and sync the time that way.

bamba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As far as I know, it's giving good readings, albeit higher than the GlucoRx my GP gave me.

I have had to reset the time on about 5 occasions now, it's rather annoying when it does it when I am away from the PC I've got the software on.

The first couple of times I thought that I had held the on button too long, then I blamed the elastic strap holding it in the case for the same thing.

Now I'm convinced it's enemy action !

Reactions: Goonergal

Kingmob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had an SD Codefree meter which would lose time, replacing the battery and ensuring the replacement was a good fit fixed the issue for me. The loss of time was quite random, some days no time would be lost, other days would lose a couple of hours over the course of a day.

Jay-Marc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It definitely doesn't always work reliably with some batteries, especially the '8 for £1" types.