Ringing in ears now sound all muffled

Tanmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning can anyone help, I woke in the middle of the night with a ringing in my left ear now this morning sound is all muffled in both ears

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
As has been said, tinitus can be caused by a few different things. It could be a simple thing like a wax build up or fluid build up. If you experience discomfort or pain then it may be an infection. The only way to find out is to see your GP. Do not be tempted to poke about with ear swabs, the golden rule is that one should not put anything inside the ear that is smaller than your own elbow.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Tanmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Weirdly all has returned to normal I have had differently things going on but seeing nurse on Thursday so will chat through thanks all xx

Reactions: Guzzler

Karengregory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had the same thing happen to me before Christmas, I ignored it but on New Year’s Eve I started to feel nauseous and dizzy saw my GP and I’ve been off work for 5 weeks with labarynthitis so I would definately get yours checked out

Tanmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have a period cramp and I don't get periods. I just tested at 2.6 what is going on

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
Just adding my pennyworth - Tinnitus can happen more generally when a very loud sharp noise occurs near/adjacent to one's head and the resultant - permanent damage - will always be biased to the side next to the noise. Gunfire without protection is a major cause in the US but in my case - the sudden dropping of a lorry's rear loading platform onto the road surface as I was walking past started years of permanent discomfort. Some serious viral infections and side-effects of some medications are all responsible. In my very long association with Diabetes I have never heard it said (or proved) that Tinnitus is a symptom of Diabetes - but there - there's always a first time hahaha.

joss.t2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Weirdly all has returned to normal I have had differently things going on but seeing nurse on Thursday so will chat through thanks all xx
Did you change your meds at all? But i aree with others see the doc.
Hope it goes soon.

solu1956

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
In my case, my tinnitus was caused by standing by a teacher fir ing a starting gun. I was 7 at the time, have had it for 55yrs. Not caused by diabetes.