It’s my D-Day!

BigRedSwitch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Seem my signature! :)
Today is my 41st anniversary of being diagnosed Type 1 diabetic. I was 3 years and 4 months old when it happened.

I’m doing alright as it goes. Control is good, always has been. I grew up to be a big fella (6’5” and just under 20 stone, but not fat), and I don’t have any complications so far.

So... where’s my free chocolate?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done, Big Fella!

Reactions: Dodo

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Well done - and thanks for sharing, no free choc but plenty of medals coming your way !

Reactions: Dodo

Jeremy_Wood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy D-Day! Sounds like you've had it easier than lots of others. Share your secrets to success?

J

Reactions: Prem51

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy D-Day! Sounds like you've had it easier than lots of others. Share your secrets to success?

J
I doubt bigredswitch has had it any easier than others, I suspect he has put a lot of work and effort into it. Well done to him.

Jeremy_Wood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's totally what I meant. Hence asking for info on how he managed it. None of us get a free ride and we all have to work to get results.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic to read of your success! A large box chox (all over 85% cocoa, with nuts/chilli/spices in the posh ones) on the way to you, @BigRedSwitch! It's nice to know there are those who will survive a Zombie Apocalypse ;)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@BigRedSwitch . Congratulations big man. Great achievement and a great source of inspiration to others.

If a type 1, 6'5", 20 st guy wants chocolate I suggest we give it to him.:):):):):).

Only hope you're a compliant hypoer , wouldn't want to be the one trying to hold you down and force feed glucose tablets.:):):):)

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy d-day @BigRedSwitch; a great inspiration for the youngsters, and for the rest of us. And what a terrific role model your son has - gonna be growing up just like dad ! :)