Charcot Foot

devans

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not getting access tot he Diabetes Co Uk Cookbooks
Just shocked after a Dr's Appointment. Had broken bones in my foot for 8 months that have not healed. After numerous tests I have been diagnosed with Charcoal foot. I have read the article on this website but has anyone else been diagnosed with this?
I am worried about how much this will affect my mobility.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Just shocked after a Dr's Appointment. Had broken bones in my foot for 8 months that have not healed. After numerous tests I have been diagnosed with Charcoal foot. I have read the article on this website but has anyone else been diagnosed with this?
I am worried about how much this will affect my mobility.
High @devans ironically I was diagnosed with Charcot (19th Century French doctor) Foot only two months after having a pancreas transplant in 2013. I was issued orthotic shoes which have insoles moulded exactly to each of my feet and told not to run, dance, jump or skip. Having been Type 1 for 54 years up till 2013, this was initially shocking, but I am able to walk at 4mph, drive a car, play the organ, go upstairs two-at-a-time and keep fit! The insoles are to prevent my feet collapsing, and the restrictions simply to avoid the stress on foot and ankle bones. I wish you the best of luck..

Reactions: Biggles2

devans

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think it's written - Charcot foot
oops, guess my Doctor and Allied health team need to learn how to spell. Its called that on all my recent health records.

Reactions: SueO246

devans

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
High @devans ironically I was diagnosed with Charcot (19th Century French doctor) Foot only two months after having a pancreas transplant in 2013. I was issued orthotic shoes which have insoles moulded exactly to each of my feet and told not to run, dance, jump or skip. Having been Type 1 for 54 years up till 2013, this was initially shocking, but I am able to walk at 4mph, drive a car, play the organ, go upstairs two-at-a-time and keep fit! The insoles are to prevent my feet collapsing, and the restrictions simply to avoid the stress on foot and ankle bones. I wish you the best of luck..
Thank you Grant
I am still in shock so hearing how someone else has coped gives me reason to be optimistic about my future.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

devans

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Reactions: Dark Horse

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi devans, and welcome :)

Just to avoid confusion, would you like me to change the title of the thread from Charcoal to Charcot? Just so people can find it more easily, if they are interested in the subject?
Let me know by posting on the thread if you would like me to make the change.
:)

devans

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi devans, and welcome :)

Just to avoid confusion, would you like me to change the title of the thread from Charcoal to Charcot? Just so people can find it more easily, if they are interested in the subject?
Let me know by posting on the thread if you would like me to make the change.
:)
Yes Please

bamba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Personally I found the original title more interesting, what's more, having followed the links to the online articles, quite apt a description.