What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning.......6.0 on this wet and windy morning.......happy with a six after a few days away finding my low carb way on a hotel menu.We found a Marks and Spencer food outlet nearby and tried some of their snacks.Have a good weekend everyone.:):)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning.......6.0 on this wet and windy morning.......happy with a six after a few days away finding my low carb way on a hotel menu.We found a Marks and Spencer food outlet nearby and tried some of their snacks.Have a good weekend everyone.:):)
Hi Glenmac we got home from Freezing Spain last night my BG before my meal was 5.1 which was wonderful and surprising trying to also eat healthily whilst abroad,but we did loads of walking and up and down 100s of steps so if this is what it takes to eat foods your unsure of but then stay in BG range so be it, here's to our May holiday bring it on!!
BG this morning after a curry last night was 6.0 and I'm fine with that.
Hope you and your hubby enjoyed your break away it does us good to just chill and get away! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
BG of 4.5 at 7am

The best result of 2018 so far. LOL
Wow what a great result,before our holiday you were a little fed up of your BG readings so nice to see your back on track! K

Reactions: Cumberland

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning...good sleep...feeling relatively 'human' this morning...freezing here...ensconced in a couple of sweaters...woolly hat & scarf while drinking my coffee...hope all those with coughs/colds & feeling under the weather get some much needed relief this weekend...woke to a 5.2.
Hi Bubbsie nice to be back great BG reading by the way, Enjoyed our holiday but Spain has had terrible weather severe gales brought down trees and took the beaches away in Malaga and further down the coast,we got the tail end of it all still breezy and very cold but plenty excersize kept BG at a good level. Nice to be home and it's still freezing,central heating on dogs asleep ?
Agree with you and hope everyone gets over the winter coughs and colds soon, have a good weekend everyone! K

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BG this morning 6.0
Not bad after our holiday!!K
They must be dishing out 6s today:)Glad you enjoyed your break.I struggled a little food wise at the hotel,lots of lovely sauces,hard to resist,then realised the last ime we visited I wasn't low carbing!!It was good to have meals out,but hubby is still recovering from the'flu virus so took things steadily.

Reactions: Cumberland

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
They must be dishing out 6s today:)Glad you enjoyed your break.I struggled a little food wise at the hotel,lots of lovely sauces,hard to resist,then realised the last ime we visited I wasn't low carbing!!It was good to have meals out,but hubby is still recovering from the'flu virus so took things steadily.
Hi Glenmac I was the same with hotel food but I had what I wanted within reason and the cakes are only a tiny square had cold meats and cheese in a morning plus walking lots. We went out to other resorts along the coast, up into the mountains it's so easy to get around by buses or train so we make the most of it,we go back in May for two weeks and hopefully the weather will be greatly improved.
I've started coughing this afternoon so hope it doesn't develop into much, I go into hospital on 15 February and didn't need another cold,but has usual I always seem to get near someone who's coughing and spluttering at the back of me on the plane,and was bothered then has I pick up things very quickly these days.
Your hubby is still not right what has the doctor said,my sister developed 3 infections when she had the flu in Dec/Jan he needs to have things checked out if he's not picking up,do hope he improves soon? Take care the both of you, will speak in week for an update,best wishes K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
im fine thanks kathleen:)how was your holiday hope you had a great time ;)
Hi Karen holiday fine weather very cold I never felt warm ,I put the hotel heating on high and left it on all night the only time I was warm,we still got out and about though with lots of walking and steps to be climed kept BG in check!
Just got my hospital confirmation I'm in hospital on 15/Feb. for the day hopefully they will give me results of biopsy the same day,just kept it at the back of my mind and trying not to dwell on it.
Just concerned has we have a two week holiday in May and unsure about if factor 50 sun lotion is fine for me to walk around in sun or if I will need to completely cover up with long light weight dresses or trousers and tops,need to ask consultant and check up on other questions when I see him!
Geoff has decided to take early retirement in July after his 62th birthday so we can enjoy our lives together and do things we like to do but haven't had time for,we will just enjoy ourselves and take things Has they come! Take care of yourself and enjoy life! K