What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Friday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Nothing as blood sugars a bit high at 6.3 (without food, maybe due to the cold).

Afternoon: Blood sugars down to 5.3, so had half a DD keto roll with tartar and mayonnaise.

Dinner: About 200g of tuna sashimi with a homemade dip with low-carb honey, soy sauce, ginger, lime and avocado oil.

Late night: A small piece of homemade low-carb cheesecake. One and a half glasses of dry red wine.

Reactions: Goonergal

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
750 grams cooked broccoli/cauliflower mix
1 boiled egg
1 mcdouble
4 tbsp butter
8 ounces diet ginger ale

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
750 grams cooked broccoli/cauliflower mix
1 boiled egg
1 mcdouble
4 tbsp butter
8 ounces diet ginger ale

yesterday--

one subway roast beef salad
one mars bar
1 boiled egg
diet pop

Reactions: shelley262

dwnunder

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Big mouths
Friday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Nothing as blood sugars a bit high at 6.3 (without food, maybe due to the cold).

Afternoon: Blood sugars down to 5.3, so had half a DD keto roll with tartar and mayonnaise.

Dinner: About 200g of tuna sashimi with a homemade dip with low-carb honey, soy sauce, ginger, lime and avocado oil.

Late night: A small piece of homemade low-carb cheesecake. One and a half glasses of dry red wine.
Hi Ziggy, I am new on here and was just wondering how you make your DD keto rolls. Are they from the diet doctor by any chance?

Reactions: ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ziggy, I am new on here and was just wondering how you make your DD keto rolls. Are they from the diet doctor by any chance?

Hi @dwnunder,

How are you? Welcome to the forum.

You are right -- the recipe is from dietdoctor. I just tweaked the recipe a bit. I am using a mixture of flours (primarily almond and lupin -- altogether 5 cups), psyllium husks (1 cup), spices (ground caraway, coriander, and fennel seeds) and add some seeds (sesame, pumpkin, linseed, and chia). I also leave out the egg (which I found wasn't required), cream of tartar and baking soda as a rising agent, and add more boiling water than in the recipe (altogether 2.5 cups). The amount of water determines how fluffy the rolls get. When the mixture is too dry, I found that they don't rise much at all.

Preparing the rolls takes about 10 to 15 minutes -- so it's actually quite easy and they turn out every time.

Edited to add: Forgot to include a teaspoon of salt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultramum

dwnunder

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Big mouths
Hi Ziggy
Thank you for that info will check out the site and sounds like I might be doing some baking lol

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @dwnunder,

How are you? Welcome to the forum.

You are right -- the recipe is from dietdoctor. I just tweaked the recipe a bit. I am using a mixture of flours (primarily almond and lupin -- altogether 5 cups), psyllium husks (1 cup), spices (ground caraway, coriander, and fennel seeds) and add some seeds (sesame, pumpkin, linseed, and chia). I also leave out the egg (which I found wasn't required), cream of tartar and baking soda as a rising agent, and add more boiling water than in the recipe (altogether 2.5 cups). The amount of water determines how fluffy the rolls get. When the mixture is too dry, I found that they don't rise much at all.

Preparing the rolls takes about 10 to 15 minutes -- so it's actually quite easy and they turn out every time.
Thanks for the info on this - since my salmonella omelette last November I'm having to avoid eggs as my body isn't happy with them. Shall try the recipe without the eggs

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheese slices with ham
Homemade garlic mushroom soup with half an avocado
Planned for tea
Lidl meatballs (5) with leeks in cream and cheese sauce
2 squares 81% chocolate
1oz salted peanuts

suehatton

Tiny bit naughty today.
B sausage and egg with black pudding
The had salad in a mini wrap with sliced chicken.
2 squares 85% dark choc then had Aldi lentil snacks with 10g carb per bag. Ok but not worth the carbs.
Mr H cooking chicken Korma tonight...no rice for me I like it just on its own.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Managed to get back to the gym today - previous visit was last Saturday. Also managed a fasting day, so no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was fathead pizza with pepperoni topping followed by 6 Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Visitors and feasting today
No breakfast in preparation!
Lunch mackerel pate with one slice of Hilo bread toasted, i lidl seeded cracker with chicken liver pate some tomato and celery
Snack chocolate circle made with 95% choc,nuts and seeds
Dinner roast pork belly - marinated over night with fennel seeds, garlic, pepper and olive oil - served with cauliflower cheese and braised celery and a couple of glasses of prosseco
Pudding small slice of @Goonergal and Nigellas chocolate oil cake (made with advocado oil today ) wonderful served with a few raspberries and double cream
Cup of coffee and second chocolate circle.
Fasting needs to be balanced by the occasional feasting! Well it was low carb....,,,,,,

suehatton

Visitors and feasting today
No breakfast in preparation!
Lunch mackerel pate with one slice of Hilo bread toasted, i lidl seeded cracker with chicken liver pate some tomato and celery
Snack chocolate circle made with 95% choc,nuts and seeds
Dinner roast pork belly - marinated over night with fennel seeds, garlic, pepper and olive oil - served with cauliflower cheese and braised celery and a couple of glasses of prosseco
Pudding small slice of @Goonergal and Nigellas chocolate oil cake (made with advocado oil today ) wonderful served with a few raspberries and double cream
Cup of coffee and second chocolate circle.
Fasting needs to be balanced by the occasional feasting! Well it was low carb....,,,,,,
You are so focussed...well done you

Sent from my SM-A310F using DCUK Forum mobile app

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10.00am the smallest hot choc that Costa do.
10.30am scram egg on gluten free toast in a cafe
4pm a small bowl of homemade offal soup (lamb liver, kidney, heart, lungs with red wine, garlic, bay and rosemary). I was very surprised how nice it was. I was expecting to be underwhelmed, but it tasted like a steak and kidney pie soup. Definitely a keeper!
7pm another bowl of soup since i enjoyed the first one so much.

About to have some goatsmilk kefir.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Saturday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. A tiny slice of low-carb cheesecake.

Lunch: Boeff stroganoff with mung-bean edamame noodles.

Dinner: Half a DD keto roll with butter, a wiener sausage with low-carb ketchup and mustard, two heaped tablespoons of low-carb chocolate mousse with some clotted cream and seven blackberries.

Late night snack: Some Basque cheese, very old Gouda, one avocado and one and a half glasses of red wine.