Dealing with diabetic complications alone [emoji20]

Olufisayo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going out. After closing from work, I relax at home.
Even friends could be unkind. Last year I was admitted into the hospital, none of the friends I called bosom asked after me. But all my casual friends and everyday accomplices were there to cheer me up. My so-called bosom friends kept mute till this day. I wouldn’t have done that to anybody. I love this forum, here one easily discusses one’s problem with confidence.

Reactions: Australia 1

Sooty62

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes I know where you are coming from. I’m 65 had diabetes since I was 12 and about three years ago a Charcot Foot happened which has aged me enormously. At the moment I’m trying hard to get back to normal but I decided to retire to look after myself and my diabetes. My husband tries to understand but may say ‘ oh you’re always feeling ill’ which desperately upsets me because I try so hard to try and hide pain etc. I too have neuropathy in my hands and feet and feel like it’s getting worse. I know exactly how you’re feeling and can sympathise and reading this blog looks like there are lots of us in the same boat. I just try to eat well and constantly look after my blood sugars but still have nightmare days. Just keep your chin up and just do your best for yourself.