What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Morning everyone
BG @ 7.30 am was 6.0 again
Sky here is black and heavy hail storm bouncing it down with quite blustery wind it's awful!
Stay in bed and forget about today, hope it stops before I go to see my grandson and his wife this afternoon! K

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
5.9 at 8.15 a.m.

The coffee this morning tastes wonderful. Black, no sugar, strong, and fresh out of the pot. It's my favourite drink of the day! The truly amazing thing about my husband is that he takes being a house-spouse very seriously and because he knows I love the coffee first thing, it's always fresh and always ready. And his cooking is incredible, and because he took time out to learn about diabetes the food is low carb and tasty. Sometimes, not withstanding the diabetes, epilepsy, cancers and other ****, I just know I'm the luckiest woman in the whole world!

Aginoth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8.1 for me this sunny morning at 8 am after a sleeping tablet and the first good sleep for a while!This for me is very high.
This diabetes is a puzzle......low carb meal last night so stuck to the diet........this morning at10am after a low carb breakfast.......6.2..........Hope the sun is shining for you all,enjoy your weekend.:):)

It just doesn't make sense sometimes

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Glenmac I was the same with hotel food but I had what I wanted within reason and the cakes are only a tiny square had cold meats and cheese in a morning plus walking lots. We went out to other resorts along the coast, up into the mountains it's so easy to get around by buses or train so we make the most of it,we go back in May for two weeks and hopefully the weather will be greatly improved.
I've started coughing this afternoon so hope it doesn't develop into much, I go into hospital on 15 February and didn't need another cold,but has usual I always seem to get near someone who's coughing and spluttering at the back of me on the plane,and was bothered then has I pick up things very quickly these days.
Your hubby is still not right what has the doctor said,my sister developed 3 infections when she had the flu in Dec/Jan he needs to have things checked out if he's not picking up,do hope he improves soon? Take care the both of you, will speak in week for an update,best wishes K

Most of the time when people say they have the flu what they really have is just a bad cold. - different viruses. The last really big flu pandemic in 1918 killed more people ( about 20 million ) than died in the entire first world war.

Reactions: Cumberland

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Most of the time when people say they have the flu what they really have is just a bad cold. - different viruses. The last really big flu pandemic in 1918 killed more people ( about 20 million ) than died in the entire first world war.
Hi Ymdawd I do agree in principle with what you say,but Glenmac's husband has still got problems since he wasn't well and laid up in bed a couple of weeks or more ago. Inview of certain coughs colds and flu virus taking on other infections causing them problems has my sisters did sometimes they need to get it checked out with their doctor. My sisters doctor went mad at her for not going sooner,so in my view better safe than sorry!K No offence meant just my view?K