Newly diagnosed

armstrongfj

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,
I'm recently diagnosed following distal pancrectomy.

No one has discussed the type of diabetes with me, but I'm inclined to think 3c rather than 2. Following the diagnosis, I have been given metformin, after two weeks a little early to see any results. I can't get any results lower than 7.72 mmol/L even after 16hrs food free and after food it tends to be around 9.8 mmol/L.

HbA1c running at 56 mmol/mol, up from 42 mmol/mol pre-op.

I can't find much information on diabetes due to loss of beta cells and what I have read suggests that insulin may be required earlier rather than later, in the absence of a type 3c forum, which would be more appropriate to me?

Regards,
Francis.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,
I'm recently diagnosed following distal pancrectomy.

No one has discussed the type of diabetes with me, but I'm inclined to think 3c rather than 2. Following the diagnosis, I have been given metformin, after two weeks a little early to see any results. I can't get any results lower than 7.72 mmol/L even after 16hrs food free and after food it tends to be around 9.8 mmol/L.

HbA1c running at 56 mmol/mol, up from 42 mmol/mol pre-op.

I can't find much information on diabetes due to loss of beta cells and what I have read suggests that insulin may be required earlier rather than later, in the absence of a type 3c forum, which would be more appropriate to me?

Regards,
Francis.

There is a T3c sub forum on this forum. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/type-3c-pancreatic-diabetes.73/