Scratchings (Pork)

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Someone asked a while ago about pork scratchings. These are a crispy / crunchy version.
Had a packet of these yesterday and they were pretty tasty........
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-Scratchings-Pork-Snack-Crunch/dp/B00BS5U3CQ

Not as risky as regular PS as you don't get teeth-shattering rock hard bits.
Probably not quite as tasty as the very best regular PS but overall a decent snack.

(Not sure I shouldn't apply for a job of food critic!?) ((Food?))

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bought a packet of these last week and absolutely loved them,off to stock up my treats!I also bought a pack of cooked bacon strips produced by Co op....These are the best Iv tried so far.

jwongcsp

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who are not willing to give up sugar, starches, fizzy drinks, and processed carbohydrates.
They are popular here in Calif. I like to dip them in guacamole.

Reactions: Chocomin

Mottsy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got a packet of Golden Pork Crunch from Co-Op today.
They are pork rinds but much more like Bacon Crisps than Scratchings.
No hard tooth shattering bits at all. They were more like thick Frazzels.

endgame

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I buy mine from home bargains, they sell about 5 different types, price is good and they range from very crunchy/hard to very soft and fluffy. Make a nice treat. :)

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I like Mr Porky's pork scratchings from Asda - a little bit easier to crunch for those of us whose teeth aren't so good nowadays!.

JamesW2612

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I love pork scratchings, both kinds!!!
The problem is in the UK it is really hard to find ones that dont contain sugar! I have so far only found 1 brand that dont have sugar and other chemicals and they are the hard type and far too salty for me.
I was an addict of the golden pork crunch from the co op but then i see the chemicals and sugar in the ingredients....

My search goes on....

Incyb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I love pork scratchings, both kinds!!!
The problem is in the UK it is really hard to find ones that dont contain sugar! I have so far only found 1 brand that dont have sugar and other chemicals and they are the hard type and far too salty for me.
I was an addict of the golden pork crunch from the co op but then i see the chemicals and sugar in the ingredients....

My search goes on....
Try the massive bags you get for a quid in The Range! They're fluffy looking, like Quavers. The ones you get from Musclefoods online are good too.

JamesW2612

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Try the massive bags you get for a quid in The Range! They're fluffy looking, like Quavers. The ones you get from Musclefoods online are good too.
I am going to owe you BIG TIME if i can get them with out sugar from there!!!
Its so disappointing to see them advertised at plain and then see sugar in the ingredients. America have them everywhere with out any other ingredients.
Thanks again!!

Reactions: Incyb

JamesW2612

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi,
I just checked the muscel food website, and the ingredients for the pork rinds are Pork Rind, Yeast Extract Powder, Salt, Rice Flour, Natural flavourings, Dextrose, Natural Colour: Annatto E160b..... so it has flour and sugar. I will try the rang ones tho!
Thanks again!

JamesW2612

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Reactions: bulkbiker

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Try your local butcher - ours does scratchings and pork crunch only added ingredient is salt

Reactions: JamesW2612

tk123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try a Mexican store or aisle in your groceries, if you have those where you guys live;
"Mexico is one of the world's largest producers and consumers of pork rinds, known as chicharrón or chicharra. It may still have fat attached, called in Spanish "chicharrón con gordo" in central México."

This is the only brand I can buy in the chip sections; http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/images/BakenetsPorkRinds.JPG
But the Mexican stores and aisles have tons. I have never seen then with any additives except in the flavoured versions, and even then, no sugar was added, just spices.

dipsydo

Marks do Crackling crisps - per the packet only ingredients are pork crackling and salt nothing else. They are more expensive than most but I find then kinder on the teeth

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Snaffling Pig BBQ flavour are good. Very salty though ...