Why is 5 low?

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Had egg a d bacon for breakfast and a slice of bread and butter at9.30am forgot to take a reading when I first got up at 8.15am then around 11.15 I felt shaky and very unsteady felt I should take a reading and it was 5.0 had to have so.ething to eat do had an Aldi nut bar.So does this mean I cannot go below 5.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No - you probably went high after the bread and so your drop to normal made you feel shaky - it is usually called a false hypo.
I find that I need to have a small amount of carbs at breakfast - so I would have fried a few mushrooms or a tomato with the bacon and eggs and that keeps me steady until I eat again about 10 hours later.

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I would also say false hypo. Sometimes you can go from a high reading to low reading really quick (even when both readings would be in the range 4 to 7 ) and get what looks like a hypo.

Reactions: dbr10

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Thank you for your replies I will remember what you have said.

Reactions: ickihun and dbr10

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your replies I will remember what you have said.
If your body is used to running with high sugars then 5 may feel a bit odd. I had an odd sensation when I went below 4 for the first time. But your body gets used to lower levels quite quickly so don't fret over it. It is after all what you are aiming for.

Reactions: maitai and dbr10

sunnybouy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I went to a 4.7 in the middle Of walk, had to stop in and eat something, plus a coors light too

manhattan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
as already stated in another thread i’m newly diagnosed T2 only at the beginning of the week... but i’ve noticed over the last few weeks my hand starts to tremble especially if i’m holding a cup of tea .. and sometimes i feel as if the whole of my body is shaking even when i’m sitting down.. would this have something to do with blood sugar?

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
as already stated in another thread i’m newly diagnosed T2 only at the beginning of the week... but i’ve noticed over the last few weeks my hand starts to tremble especially if i’m holding a cup of tea .. and sometimes i feel as if the whole of my body is shaking even when i’m sitting down.. would this have something to do with blood sugar?

Try that with a JCB on the back as a wide load.
Lane departure sensors giving you a wheel shake.
Never had it yet.
Never will I hope.
Stay in your zone

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
would this have something to do with blood sugar?
Without testing your blood sugar at the time it would be impossible to answer. Some people get symptoms like you have described when their levels are perfectly normal but the body is not yet used to the retun to normal levels.

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Even though I am on the lchf diet and 1500 mg of Metformin I never could get below 5, 4
I am gradually lowering my A1c to 6,4

Last edited:

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Type 2's can feel low at 5. Especially if they tend to run a bit higher. Like 8. I don't feel low until about 3.