Type two wanting insulin pump

shezza48

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had another flare up of pancreatitis. I’m having so many hypos. My CGM alerted me about a dozen times last night that my blood sugar was going low. I tried dry toast and orange juice but vomited it back up rather quick. Doctors came out twice. Last doctor gave me a glucose injection which brought levels up to normal. I had more carbs at lunch time and BG levels stayed quite stable. Took my usual 16 units of humulin I at tea time and had 7 units of novorapid, it didn’t go down much. It’s now Wednesday morning and so far (it’s 2am, usually I’d start to drop now) I’m reading 7 and stable on my CGM. The hospital I’m under for my pancreatitis and the hospital I’m under for my diabetes are now at loggerheads because one says I’m type 1.5 heading to type 1, whilst the other says I’m type 2 insulin dependent. I have to have more blood tests to determine what type I am. The dietitian I saw on Monday says he thinks I’m type 1.5 in honeymoon period of becoming type 1. I’m now carb counting, I have been given a BG meter which works out your insulin Bolus according to carb portion. I have an appointment with DSN on Thursday, she is going to decide if she is going to change humulin to lantus. I have blood tests at doctors in next two weeks and another appointment for diabetic review at end of March, I have my MRI scan on March 2nd to determine if gallbladder surgery is required.