Where to buy freestyle Libra sensors

MIQ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I have just got a machine and it is very helpful, but I have looked to buy more sensors so I always have one but they are £57!!!!!!!

Where is the best place to buy them

(I am gonna ring the dr tomorrow and see if I can have a prescription as I am type 1 and go through 100 blood sugar strips every 7 days)

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I believe some branches of Boots sell them, but I don't know where. You could try asking them if they could buy some in for you.

Reactions: MIQ

ECDRUM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi

I have just got a machine and it is very helpful, but I have looked to buy more sensors so I always have one but they are £57!!!!!!!

(I am gonna ring the dr tomorrow and see if I can have a prescription as I am type 1 and go through 100 blood sugar strips every 7 days)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

That is the full price including VAT. As you are diabetic they will knock the VAT off when you get to the payment panel. This reduces the price quite a bit.

Reactions: MIQ

ECDRUM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Getting sensors on prescription is a post code lottery with most CCGs restricting access to consultant prescription. If you agree with me that all type 1 diabetics should have this wonderful device on prescription please sign the government online petition at

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/204550

Thanks

MIQ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I totally agree , as I use over £50 worth of strips every week so it would be cheaper me having these

BeckiDover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I’ve seen quite a few posts on Instagram with people saying you can get them in certain Asda stores (from the pharmacy obviously, don’t think they store it next to the bread). Not sure which Asda’s but may be worth calling your local store if you have one.

:)

Reactions: MattHarman

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our Asda pharmacy sells them for £46. You get the VAT off if you are diabetic.
EDIT OP was last on this thread over a year ago, but someone asking recent VAT question - you should get the VAT taken off at point of sale.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We are having trouble purchasing the libra lifestyle from chemist less vat. How can we get the vat back
I know some pharmacies ask to see the medical exemption card to get it VAT exempt. But you have to call around each pharmacy to see how much they are selling it for. Call in advance because they prioritise prescriptions first before selling you one.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try all local pharmacies. Chain and otherwise.

Asda, Superdrug, boots, and all others. They do not have national pricing even across national stores. Ring around them all if you can’t get prescriptions for it. Remember to ask for vat free price if you are diagnosed diabetic. Type 1 or 2. Some so for the exemption certificate to prove diabetic status. Even type 2 on diet only are entitled to vat free though and a declaration covers this.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Just came along to ask the same question.
They are available on line for around £57 from "online chemists R us" style web sites, but I'm not sure how reliable these suppliers are.
Amazon supplies for just over £60 each and at least I know the returns policy usually works.

I may wander over to the local Boots and see if they can order.

Has anyone bought online, confirmed a reliable supplier, and managed to get the VAT knocked of?

If so, where, please?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try local chemists too and Asda and Superdrug (just under £50) . I’d ring around first.
Any diagnosed diabetic can get the vat knocked off. The shop may have their own form or you may need to print off one from hmrc and take it with you.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just came along to ask the same question.
They are available on line for around £57 from "online chemists R us" style web sites, but I'm not sure how reliable these suppliers are.
Amazon supplies for just over £60 each and at least I know the returns policy usually works.

I may wander over to the local Boots and see if they can order.

Has anyone bought online, confirmed a reliable supplier, and managed to get the VAT knocked of?

If so, where, please?
I've bought them from Abbott with the VAT knocked off but I believe you still have to be an existing customer to get them due to supply issues. They are just under £48. You complete the VAT exemption form as part of the process.
Currently, I get mine from the local ASDA pharmacy. I just phone them, tell them how many I want to order and they phone me when they are in (usually 1 or 2 days). They are £44 each excluding VAT . You have to complete the VAT exemption every time but there's not a lot to it.
I found they were the best priced.

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I buy mine from our Asda pharmacy - usually have a few in stock. Just over £46 each and complete the VAT form. I have bought online via ebay and used Paypal to be able to get a refund if not as described - no issues but around £50 so Asda is cheaper anyway!! Amazon seems to be top end of pricing. I bought the reader (a brand new one) via ebay as well as Abbot are not selling anything except to current customers.