Newcastle diet

smudge75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Week 1 day four of the Newcastle diet for me. When I started on Monday was nervous as I also have ME/CFS and fibromyalgia, woke on Tuesday morning with a terrible cold. Not sure if it's a cold or normal to happen when starting this. I'm still going to continue with the diet. I was diagnosed type 2. Last October was pre diabetic for a number of years. Doing this as doctor advised me too. Hoping I can come on here and get extra support on my journey. Thanks in advance.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
welcome @smudge75 and good luck
Please post daily with your Fasting numbers and we will cheer you on!
Tagging @AlcalaBob who has just completed this journey and @Pipp who undertook this many moons ago

Reactions: smudge75

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @smudge75 ,

Welcome to the forum.

There a affair few ND'ers on here that will no doubt be along for support. :)

Do you have a blood test meter?

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @smudge75, and welcome to the forum. Good for you on trying the ND; folks here will help when and where they can, will be interested to share your progress, and will be glad to cheer you on along the way.

Perhaps take a look in the subforum headed "Low Calorie Diets" (scroll down from the main opening page to find it). In that section you'll find threads from several people who have followed ND with great success, and they may give you a few extra 'tips' of things that worked for them.

Also take a look at the Success Stories section - always helpful and inspiring when our motivation starts to flag a little!

Very best of luck in your endeavours :)

Reactions: Pipp and smudge75

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keep going. You will find it simply gets easier the longer it goes on.
You are doing brilliantly already - well done.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
When you possibly feel like giving up read the stories on ND on this site and it will give you a boost. Keep a diary of everything - readings, mood, sleep, food / sachets, and what you do afterwards, this could be very valuable if you need to adjust. Hopefully your Doctor will also support you with tests.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, @smudge75
Its great that you are doing this with support of your doctor. Are you using meal replacement products or real food?

The one main thing I wish I had been told at the start (apart from the fact that in addition to the meal replacement product you can have vegetables) was to have some oil as this can prevent formation of gall stones.
Keep posting about progress, and start forming a plan of how and what your follow on eating plan will be. That is often forgotten about.

smudge75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, @smudge75
Its great that you are doing this with support of your doctor. Are you using meal replacement products or real food?

The one main thing I wish I had been told at the start (apart from the fact that in addition to the meal replacement product you can have vegetables) was to have some oil as this can prevent formation of gall stones.
Keep posting about progress, and start forming a plan of how and what your follow on eating plan will be. That is often forgotten about.
I'm doing meal replacement for 600 Cal's and 200 Cal's of veg yes I'm aware of the oil , also I take vitamins aswell but did before due to my other health issues. I'm already looking at what I'll be doing after the 8 weeks. Have been looking on the diet doctor website .