One touch ultra smart

diabetic_tigs

Hey
I used to have a one touch ultra smart but can no longer find it. I remember buying my one touch ultra smart from boots, but apparently they no longer sell them? Ive been looking on the internet and not finding them, does anyone know where I can buy one from, or are they available on the nhs? For now im sticking to my freestyle mini but it really has nothing on my one touch ultra smart!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
You can no longer buy them, Lifescan will give you one for free if you tell them you test frequently each day, anything upward of 6 -8 times a day. :wink:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
diabetic_tigs said:
Wow! thats ace :D Thank you for letting me know!

You're welcome.

Forgot to post the phone number....... :oops:

Customer Care Freefone number on:

Call 0800 1691622

I have the same meter and it is just about the best I have seen. :)

diabetic_tigs

I ended up emailing them instead, but got a very quick response.
Theyre sending me the ultra smart for free and are also giving me the ultra easy too (in pink :D ) which will be better for nights out as its small enough to fit easily in a handbag. Chuffed to bits with that!
Ultra smart is definitely the best meter i've found, Its so useful with being able to put so much info and get a load of nice graphs in return!
thanks again for telling me about this, i am now eagerly awaiting my new meters in the post :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Thats good :D

I am not on commission BTW ! I forgot to mention the small UltraEasy.....I 'blagged' one too, it stays in the car and as it takes the same strips ...no problem. The PC software is a free download. Great for printing stuff out before you visit your Diabetes Clinic. :)

anthonyghiara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Life scan. Are phasing the ultra 2 out in favour of their new and inaccurate machines. But you can buy them in the states from the Life Scan site if you can get them to sell in the UK.