Type 2 How to gain weight in T2

Livefree

Hi just needed some inputs to gain weight in T2. Been struggling at it. Lost around 30 lbs since diagnosis and i was not overweight.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
What's your medication? Are you sure you're T2 and not T1?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi just needed some inputs to gain weight in T2. Been struggling at it. Lost around 30 lbs since diagnosis and i was not overweight.

Hi Livefree - Could you give us a few bits of info, please? Could you confirm your type of diabetes, the meds you take, if any, what sort of food you are currently eating, and what your last HbA1c was? Is it fair to assume you would like to gain a few pounds, without any big detriment to your blood scores?

And finally, how many of those 30lbs do you want to regain?

All of those things would definitely influence any meaningful comment I could make.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes i am type 2. Diagnosed 2 years back
Do you take any meds, and what sort of things do you eat for your meals each day?

When I have needed to gain weight, I firstly increase my portion sizes a bit. If after a couple of weeks that doesn't work, I keep with the increased portions, but add a bit more protein again, and if that doesn't work, I concentrate on upping the fats.

It can be a slow process and certainly any meds you take, or other medical conditions need to be considered in doing all of this.