TEE2 tester

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So am I reversed as T2 metformin, or does it show Insulin?
I use the TEE 2 free meter, some strips, a lance, and prickers. it doesn't take long but its the prep before hand, tissues, wet wipes, laying things out ready to test. (But I do like to be organised after a fashion, even if I do not always read instructions. LOL
what sort of wet wipes are you using and are you using them to clean your finger before testing? if so, that can affect the reading. Soap and water is best.

old sparky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
ball sports
what sort of wet wipes are you using and are you using them to clean your finger before testing? if so, that can affect the reading. Soap and water is best.
Hi ya Lucy
I use the wet wipes to clean my finger but even after washing, a bit of OCD if you like!!!! but will try on my next shot just soap and water. BTW just taken reading after lunch 90 mins ago shows 6 same as before. Lunch was tuna with mayo, onions, 2 small mini sausages, 2 crab sticks, and a slice of ham.

Reactions: Prem51

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wet wipes are not recommended. your just type 2 now. unless you make your own out o f kitchen towels and water.

old sparky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
ball sports
wet wipes are not recommended. your just type 2 now. unless you make your own out o f kitchen towels and water.
Hi Paulus
Well you are never to old to learn, I am so glad I joined this forum, nothing but good advice.
Many thanks for that and the same advice from Lucy just soap and water.

old sparky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
ball sports
Hi Guys and Girls
well now getting the hang properly of this tester thingy, thanks for advice about using wet wipes now straight soap and water, readings now pre eating 6.5 1.5 hours after eating its still 6.5 so I guess thats good???? my first experimental test was 8.9 then 9 pre and after. so am I on the right track? meals are simple low or very little carbs.
Chicken, gravy and cauliflower evening meal, get full very quick, so that must be good considering I have lost almost 6Kg in weight or in old money thats nearly a stone.
so thanks again guys and girls, the support here is fantastic.
Night night
beddy times.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
excellent bg and weight says it all well done. dont panic if you get a rubbish day every now and again it happens. your ideal is 5-7 but if its slightly out not a big deal. again well done