What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
BG of 5.6 at 4.40am

Cant sleep so might as well get up and try to do somthing useful. Will think about that after breakfast and a couple of coffees.?
What are we like I've been up last two days at 3 ish but it hasn't improved my BG ,there are others not sleeping either perhaps we should band together in the wee early hours and chat? K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good day everyone
BG @ 2.30 am was 6.1
BG @ 7.45 am was 6.2 had grand children for tea yesterday so I did have more carbs than usual, the roast potatoes and chocolate cake where calling!! Had to have some! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good day everyone
BG @ 2.30 am was 6.1
BG @ 7.45 am was 6.2 had grand children for tea yesterday so I did have more carbs than usual, the roast potatoes and chocolate cake where calling!! Had to have some! K
Good morning Sobo82

Reactions: Sobo82

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all.

4.9 this morning, which is amazing considering how disturbed things have been.

Dizzy seems happier, his eye is nowhere near as inflamed and looks much better. He's very subdued but not as scared as he was so we're making progress. There's lots of advice on the net for looking after newly blind dogs, and it's been a great help. He's still clinging to my husband but as long as Bob stays well in earshot he'll let him go more than three metres away now! We're fine with that; whatever helps Dizzy is OK with us.

Stay well and take care peeps!
@WuTwo nice to here Dizzy is making good progress and I'm sure when the anxiety settles he will adapt better than you think, wishing you good luck with it all and hopefully you will all come through less anxious. But I've been there myself with my pugs so know what your going through. Best Wishes! K

Reactions: Cumberland

Maddog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Looking for some experienced opinions if you don’t mind. I am consistently around 6-7 a few 9 and a few in 5. I have recently dropped to just metformin after running out of linagliptin. Trying to arrange doc visit but he still wants low insulin of 8 units. I feel this will hinder any chance of controlling through diet and exercise. Has anybody had this experience?? Thanks.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@pleinster We are in Dumfries and Galloway.The A75,is fine,always cleared and gritted in winter,because it's a Euro Route.The difficulty lies in it being on our stretch ,just an old country road originally,quite narrow in places,as you would expect.The ferry traffic to Ireland has increased in the last twenty years.Weve campaigned for a bypass and dualling for years..........to no effect.

Reactions: Cumberland

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Looking for some experienced opinions if you don’t mind. I am consistently around 6-7 a few 9 and a few in 5. I have recently dropped to just metformin after running out of linagliptin. Trying to arrange doc visit but he still wants low insulin of 8 units. I feel this will hinder any chance of controlling through diet and exercise. Has anybody had this experience?? Thanks.

What do you mean running out of linagliptin ( trajenta ).? Or has it been stopped by your GP.? What area of the country do you live in.?

In Scotland we have an urgent supply system from pharmacies for those people who manage to run out of their medication.

Have even had people with transplants who let themselves run out of their anti-rejection drugs

I do wonder if GP’s are a little too quick to resort to insulin before they have exhausted all drug options. My diabetic nurse is already making such noises with me. There are still quite a few tablet options left for me. I will eventually go on insulin but that will for the most part be up to me.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@pleinster We are in Dumfries and Galloway.The A75,is fine,always cleared and gritted in winter,because it's a Euro Route.The difficulty lies in it being on our stretch ,just an old country road originally,quite narrow in places,as you would expect.The ferry traffic to Ireland has increased in the last twenty years.Weve campaigned for a bypass and dualling for years..........to no effect.

Just over the border from you nr carlisle