What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all :)

B= 3 egg cheese omelette

L= lidl protein roll with pastrami, peppered salami, smoked ham and cheese

D= 3 95% meat sausages, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 boiled eggs, butter fried mushrooms with garlic and a Scandinavian gram cracker. Luxury sugar free jelly for pudding (luxury part is double cream)
Hi @Key_master_ do you whisk the double cream into the jelly when making I do this and it makes it taste like a fruity mousse

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Managed a fasting day today. So no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was 2 Waitrose free range pork sausages, 2 rashers bacon and a Birds Eye burger. Dessert was a few raspberries and cream and just polishing off a square of Willie’s Pure Gold 100% chocolate.

@ziggy_w following your lead. This is a much better way of chatting and avoiding clogging up the thread. Have assumed visceral fat due to the amount around my abdomen. Following @shelley262 s suggestion I’ve used a hip to waist calculator and got 0.85. According to this website that means low risk, but according to 2 others it’s either moderate risk or obese!! Clearly not obese, so will ignore that one. I am an apple shape, so moderate risk is probably closer to it.

Reactions: maglil55

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Key_master_ do you whisk the double cream into the jelly when making I do this and it makes it taste like a fruity mousse
No I’ve not tried this, I will give it a whirl as I wanted to try angel delight as a pudding but on checking the no added sugar one it’s still has too many carbs for me. How much cream do you add? I’m using a sachet of hartleys at a time so add 250ml boiling and 250ml cold giving me half a litre. Thanks

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No I’ve not tried this, I will give it a whirl as I wanted to try angel delight as a pudding but on checking the no added sugar one it’s still has too many carbs for me. How much cream do you add? I’m using a sachet of hartleys at a time so add 250ml boiling and 250ml cold giving me half a litre. Thanks
I use it instead of the cold water but let it cool a bit before whisking it’s delicious especially the lemon and lime! You can also add fruit to ring changes i do this with raspberry one.

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I use it instead of the cold water but let it cool a bit before whisking it’s delicious especially the lemon and lime! You can also add fruit to ring changes i do this with raspberry one.

I only usually have 15-30ml cream with mine. I’d be needing to cover the fpu of the extra cream with insulin if I added that much to it. Mine sounds not so luxurious now though. Haha!!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I only usually have 15-30ml cream with mine. I’d be needing to cover the fpu of the extra cream with insulin if I added that much to it. Mine sounds not so luxurious now though. Haha!!
I make 6 portions in small cups/bowls ! You could also water down with cold water

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9am coffeesubstitute with cream
11am another
4pm a huge bowl of bone broth and a few (v few!) crisps filched from Mr B
7pm a large bowl of beef with a couple of tablespoons of yesterday’s tomato/onion sauce. Last of the beef. Pity. It was lovely.

Also 2 squares 70% Green&Blacks

And i need to get the kefir brewing again. I’m missing it.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally got my tablet working on the App again. I have a lot of catching up to do though. Will probably be a bit erratic for another week though.
B. Omelette with courgetti , 1 rasher back bacon, 6 mini Santini tomatoes and a Portobello mushroom
L. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream
D. Tesco slow cooked duck leg with hoi sin glaze, wilted spinach and a mini veggie spring roll.
Tesco have also added to their high protein ice cream range. Breyers is one the other Halo Top. Quite a few flavours and they're pretty good. Thankfully I'm happy with one 50ml scoop and a few berries. Breyers are on offer at the moment. Neither are cheap at £5 A pot.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/299475360
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/299443290

M&S have also introduce a bar of 100% dark chocolate. It is smooth enough but wow it is strong. I can only eat one square.

Reactions: Brunneria

dwnunder

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Big mouths
B Coffee with 30mls cream
L Meatloaf on a bed of spinach
D A lovely piece of salmon with salad followed by a sliver of Choc Olive cake and two strawberries
My app says 17g carbs so if this is true I am happy with that

Reactions: Goonergal

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B Cardamom tea with milk.
L Cauliflower & broccoli creamy cheese bake ... very filling and delicious
D Will be spinach & paneer curry ... nothing on the side.

Ooh, cardamom tea sounds lovely. How do you make it?

We went out for lunch. Belated Valentine’s day, saved for our hol week, and complicated by my current zero carb status.
Decided that the local Smokeshack seemed like a good option.

Ended up being a bit of a comedy of errors.
Half the things weren’t available, and most of what was left were carby. They got the order wrong, and forgot to charge us for the drinks.

But it all worked out in the end. I had ribs. Which were gorgeous. And huge. And have left me so full that I may never need to eat again...

Mr B had ‘dirty fries’ which means they were smothered in chillis, salsa, cream cheese and cheese. Just looking at them made me drool. He also had a burger.

Rose88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ooh, cardamom tea sounds lovely. How do you make it?

We went out for lunch. Belated Valentine’s day, saved for our hol week, and complicated by my current zero carb status.
Decided that the local Smokeshack seemed like a good option.

Ended up being a bit of a comedy of errors.
Half the things weren’t available, and most of what was left were carby. They got the order wrong, and forgot to charge us for the drinks.

But it all worked out in the end. I had ribs. Which were gorgeous. And huge. And have left me so full that I may never need to eat again...

Mr B had ‘dirty fries’ which means they were smothered in chillis, salsa, cream cheese and cheese. Just looking at them made me drool. He also had a burger.

Hello Brunneria

I use 1 Chai Xpress aromatic cardamom teabag, I get mine from Sainsburys. I've tried various brands but find this one has the most cardamom and nothing artificial... throw into a mug, add boiling water and top with milk to taste. Adding a little cream instead of milk is even more delish!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, good day today managed a planned 23/1 fast so just dinner eaten - plus I achieved my first ever bg reading in the 3s - 3.9 before dinner.
Just coffee with splash of watered down cream and black tea in day
Dinner - chicken stir fry with 20g of explore cuisine bean spaghetti which makes brill fake noodles, sauce made from leftover stock from yesterday’s braised celery, followed by a thin slice of low carb lemon cake and cream.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Opposite to @shelley262 (congrats on your 3.9) - a very hungry day! Think it was all the exercise of the weekend catching up with me.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - started with my planned lunch, which I took to work. Tinned tuna with mayonnaise, baby spinach, rocket and a few cherry tomatoes. Was still hungry and after a short break decided to get some more food. Ended up with a bag of pork crunch, a peperami and some 90% chocolate.

Dinner - home made burgers (mince, feta, onion, spinach, tomato) with buttered cabbage and 2 Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Opposite to @shelley262 (congrats on your 3.9) - a very hungry day! Think it was all the exercise of the weekend catching up with me.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - started with my planned lunch, which I took to work. Tinned tuna with mayonnaise, baby spinach, rocket and a few cherry tomatoes. Was still hungry and after a short break decided to get some more food. Ended up with a bag of pork crunch, a peperami and some 90% chocolate.

Dinner - home made burgers (mince, feta, onion, spinach, tomato) with buttered cabbage and 2 Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons.
Well - you kept it low carb well done and probably really needed it after your fasting weekend

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Water during the day - at least 1.5 litres so far

Fasting level 6.7 after a middle of the night supper, and checked just before -Hazelnut coffee with a litle double cream and stevia for an early afternoon breakfast

Evening meal approx 7pm based on a Diet Doctor keto recipe - fried chicken, feta style cheese, olives, in a red pesto & sour cream sauce, followed by rhubarb cooked in butter with orange juice, zest, & diced ginger, with creme fraiche - followed a little later by half a jar :wideyed: of crunchy hazelnut butter mixed with powdered erythritol and cocoa; mint tea; pre meal 6.4 -> 2 hours post meal 6.3

Robbity