Sweating a lot

DeafDiabetic

Not sure if I should direct this question to T2s only or also aim at T1s too?

Anyhow, I'm T2, blood count (on the prickly thing) is good daily yet I'm sweating a lot whilst everybody else seems to be wrapped up to their nines.

Could this be diabetes related or should I be looking at something else, do you reckon?

Downside: sweating a lot

Upside: save on heating bills. Lol!

DazG

When my sugars were a little high I used to sweat badly all of the time, now Im in control it doesnt happen.

Also, obviously not everything is down to diabetes, so maybe you have a winter virus on its way?

Rushy

If you get the whole 'rollercoaster effect' with your blood sugars you will ikely get some symptoms of T1 & T2. Sweating a great deal, especially after food, was one of the things that got my doctor onto my diagnosis. Though in my case he had an uphill job as I presented with all kinds of things wrong with me and it took three months after I left hospital to be sure I was Diabetic.

jackieh

Hi,

I am so glad that someone else has these symptoms, I am a type 2 with levels ranging from 15.1 to 10.00, I also have terrible sweats after eating but my doctor has told me that as long as my level is 10 and below i should be ok.

I take 3 metform a day, although my doctor is a great doc I dont think he is clued up on diabetic issues. Does anyone else think that a reading of 10 is ok.

:D greatful for any info

anniep

No I don't think a reading of 10 is OK. You don't say whether that is a fasting reading or a post food reading but here are the NICE guidelines from elsewhere on this site

"What is a good blood glucose level?

NICE guidelines for the UK currently recommend the following:

* A normal pre-prandial (before meal) blood glucose level will be between 4 and 7 mmol/l.
* After eating (post-prandial) levels should be below 9 mmol/l when tested 2 hours after a meal.
* When going to bed for the night, levels should be no more than 8 mmol/l."

Whichever way you look at it, a reading of 10 is not within NICE guidelines, Your doctor does not seem to be very clued up about diabetes.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Annie.

DD is a Type 2 so the readings 2 hrs after meals should be no more than 8.5 mmol/l not 9 that is for a Type 1. :|

anniep

Cheers
that one slipped past me, the dangers of copying and pasting without reading properly
A

jackieh

thanks for the infomation, i shall have a look, sorry should have said that the reading of 10.0 are after eating but the are sometimes this before eating as well.

I shall have a look at the information you have sent me, thanks again :eek:

perrywinkle

I can relate to this. Im newly diagnosed and My GP really seems to not have much knowledge of Diabetes T2. I have been complaining about sweating at night roughly 2 to 3 hours after eating, dreadful tummy pains, and diarrhoea and constipation alternating for nearly two years.........
I was told it was probably still menopause causing the sweating despite being 60, and that the other was IBS.
Only on a routine blood test was I found to have high bloods sugar and the glucose tolerance test proved it conclusively. Why do GP's not seem to have knowledge of these things so many people must go undiagnosed. I recently attended surgery with what I thought was bruising to my toes and could be due to poor circulation, the Doctor said it was fungal. Had my diabetic foot screening yesterday and nurse said it was definitely caused by the Diabetes, although Ive only been diagnosed 4 months.