hello

claire1979

hi there my name is claire i was diagnosed as diabetic last week im overwhelmed and confused.
my blood sugars even taking meds are never lower than 10 even when fasting all night.

my sugars seem to be quite high all day my highest being 24.6 they range between 19 and 15

im trying to read up and count carbs but its proving difficult as its so confusing, any advice will be very appreciated.

thank you x

Squadron Leader

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Religion
Donald Trump
Hiya Claire,

Welcome to the forum.

My first piece of advice to you would be "Breathe!" ;-)

Type 2 diabetes developes over time and it can take a little time to get things under control again, especially when you're new to it all.

Secondly, if you haven't already, take a look at the guides that are posted at the beginning of this section. They are a good foundation to start from. (Sorry, but I'm not techi enough to add the information to this post myself. :-()

Thirdly, give the medication time to work, you're only one week in and I remember it took a few weeks for my BG (blood glucose) to come down to more acceptable levels.

I can't advise on carb counting as I've never done it, but I know there are members here who will be more able to help you.

And finally, always take a notepad and pen in with you when seeing any HCP (Health Care Professional). Before the appointment you can write down any question you might want to ask (my mind has a tendency to go blank in those situations) and you'll be able to jot down the answers and any other gems of information they may impart.

Take care, you WILL get there in time.

Regards,
Klair