Almost 29 hours into 48 hour Fast

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I have finally embarked on a 2 day fast, after doing mainly single day fasts since mid December 2017. I completed my 10,000 steps this morning obviously fasted and included my 200 pushups on the walk. I have a couple of questions please.

I have drunk hot lemon and lime this morning. Followed by 2 black filter coffees and around 5 herbal teas throughout the day. Do I need to take anything else before bed or tomorrow at 16:00 when the fast ends, can I get away with similar drinks only.

Should I do my usually exercise protocol as above if I feel energetic (which I anticipate I will, as I am a fat burner).

When I break the fast, is it advisable to eat my normal 2 to 3 course OMAD or will this be counter productive after 2 days of no food.

Thanks in advance.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have finally embarked on a 2 day fast, after doing mainly single day fasts since mid December 2017. I completed my 10,000 steps this morning obviously fasted and included my 200 pushups on the walk. I have a couple of questions please.

I have drunk hot lemon and lime this morning. Followed by 2 black filter coffees and around 5 herbal teas throughout the day. Do I need to take anything else before bed or tomorrow at 16:00 when the fast ends, can I get away with similar drinks only.

Should I do my usually exercise protocol as above if I feel energetic (which I anticipate I will, as I am a fat burner).

When I break the fast, is it advisable to eat my normal 2 to 3 course OMAD or will this be counter productive after 2 days of no food.

Thanks in advance.
Hi
I would think your drinks are fine although you might want to add a bit of salt to something (coffee maybe I know it sounds odd but its fine). I would also suggest a small meal to break the fast maybe some nuts or cheese then wait a couple of hours before the larger meal just in case your stomach doesn't want too much all at once. I felt very uncomfortable after ending a fast with a keto full sunday lunch. After a 2 dayer you should be fine but better be safe etc..

Reactions: Incyb

Incyb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I echo what bulkbiker said , and I'd add - don't make the first meal eggs! It gives a lot of folk the runs immediately after a fast.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks @bulkbiker and @Incyb I will implement all of the suggestions...only around another 17 hours. I am not hungry now, but unless I feel really ill I will see this through.

Reactions: Incyb

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

Thanks in advance.
I'm interested in why you're fasting. Is it to do with getting to nutritional ketosis?:)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I believe my Type 2 was down to a massive build up of visceral fat, so I have used diet and exercise to get this figure down. Intermittent fasting has been a natural progression of LCHF, so moving on from 24 hours is a challenge I couldn't resist...9 hours left and I feel great, FBG 3.4 mmol.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just an update. Finished the fast at 16:15 with a FBG of 3.3. The further into the second day the easier it got, there was a lot of psychological stuff going on. I was tentative on a 3 mile walk, as if something was going to happen, questioned my energy levels, but they were fine, just about 10% down.

The extra days fast removed 0.9kg, so although my Fitbit scales might be a bit kind, good for comparison:

upload_2018-2-20_21-16-58.png

Reactions: Aseiten