Injecting through clothing???

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
LOLz no I bottled it. Some of you guys are quite hardcore and ruthless!!!!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Been type one for twenty years and will confess to injecting through clothes, although not thick ones. Although I did absentmindedly attempt injecting through my motorcycle leathers once. It didn’t work.

Reactions: therower

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
It works for me every time, can't say i've ever noticed needing to use more pressure either, the needles are so fine and sharp nowadays it;s almost like the weight of the pen is enough to puncture clothing and skin.

Stevec189

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have done. I have also been told not to since it blunts the needle plus alters the depth. I can usually engineer things to use a tummy or accessible site (Summer is great with shorts - appreciate others may have other items of clothes that get in the way but having bare legs is a godsend! Would inject through thick jeans or wolf jumpers but this items yes not issue.

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
I've been T1 for 57yrs and injected through cloths without any problems whatsoever.

D

Deleted Account

Girl or boy thing?
I would only say the girl thing matters if you are wearing a dress. Otherwise, it is easy to lift a short/jumper/t-shirt and inject regardless of gender.

Dropping your jeans or injecting through them?
Depends high you wear your jeans and how low you inject.
Unless you keep your nipples warm with your jeans and inject in your unmentionables, what is wring with lifting your short or prising it apart between a couple of bottom buttons?