What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That made me laugh, though I should probably be giving you a cyber hug... But it reminded me of last time I had my diabetes checkup - in answer to the question of what I weighed, I joked "Too much" - and my nurse in all seriousness replied, ""But I can't put that into the computer"! :p

Robbity

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Brunneria

I use 1 Chai Xpress aromatic cardamom teabag, I get mine from Sainsburys. I've tried various brands but find this one has the most cardamom and nothing artificial... throw into a mug, add boiling water and top with milk to taste. Adding a little cream instead of milk is even more delish!

Hi Rose - Is it "just" cardamom seeds in the teabags, or are there other magic ingredients?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
That made me laugh, though I should probably be giving you a cyber hug... But it reminded me of last time I had my diabetes checkup - in answer to the question of what I weighed, I joked "Too much" - and my nurse in all seriousness replied, ""But I can't put that into the computer"! :p

Robbity
Love it. I might try it when I go in a couple of weeks:)

Reactions: Robbity

Rose88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Rose - Is it "just" cardamom seeds in the teabags, or are there other magic ingredients?

Hi, its just tasty black tea and ground cardamoms in a teabag... and thats all the "magic ingredients" there is :)
there are other flavours too with ginger, cloves, cinnamon ... slightly stronger taste tho.

The teabags are so handy to take to work, its nice with or without milk.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link from Sainsburys website?? anyway I've copied this from their site...

"Chai Xpress brings you an exquisite blend of black teas from around the World. Expertly blended with aromatic ground cardamoms, for a full flavour and refreshing taste. An exotic experience any time of the day.

Tea: Is rich in antioxidants.

Cardamom: Has been used for centuries to aid digestion & also has a refreshing taste.

Ingredients

Premium Black Tea 68% with Cardamom 32%"

Reactions: DCUKMod

Rose88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. Coffee with cream.
L. Veggie sausage and mushrooms.
D. Chickpea flour & almond veggie omelette type thingy with spinach ... a variation to my usual chickpea omelette. To reduce the carbs I added half each of chickpea flour and ground almonds .... this ones for keeps.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10am scrambled egg on small slice GF bread with butter. Still easing back into zero carb.
3pm a morsel of St Augur. Heavenly.
6pm will be peppered mackerel sprinkled with that exquisite combo of pomegranate syrup and balsamic vinegar. Actually, may not wait til 6... am salivating at the thought.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Had a 23/1 one meal plan but found couldn’t go beyond a 21 hours fast today had low blood sugar and so hungry. Decided better to go for something that wouldn’t cause bg spike just bring it up to ‘normal’ so had
one ounce of sliton and 10 almonds and nibble of 100% choc with a coffee
dinner - slow cooked beef casserole with cauliflower cheese followed by thin slice of low carb lemon cake and cream.
Tomorrow away at mums for three days so taking safe lCHF snacks with me stress definitely makes me hungry.....

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B Porridge with lactose free milk

D Boiled eggs and mayo

Snx1 sugar free jelly and lactose free cream
Snx2 Could of spoons of peanut butter

T Brown rice and salmon w spinach

Reactions: Brihtric

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Work travel day to Manchester yesterday so just catching up on posting.

Have just braved logging all (with the emphasis on all) my food from yesterday as it was a bit of an off piste day. Relieved to find that what felt a bit uncontrolled actually added up to 40g carbs and just under 2,300 calories. Much more than I want, and not to be repeated too often, but far from a disaster - FBG was 5.0 this morning.

Breakfast - a rare one. First class advance ticket was cheaper than standard class. Smoked salmon and scrambled egg was on the menu. Would have been rude not to. Just ditched the toast.

Lunch - took it with me. Lidl protein roll with butter and almond butter.

Dinner - Nando’s. 3 plain wings, plain chicken leg with salad and mayonnaise.

Snacks - complete downfall. Consumed an entire bar of Lindt 90% plus a 20g packet of Sainsbury’s On the Go nut medley and a 25g bar of Willie’s Cacao Venezuelan 72% chocolate.

Today will be a 23/1 fast if it kills me!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Work travel day to Manchester yesterday so just catching up on posting.

Have just braved logging all (with the emphasis on all) my food from yesterday as it was a bit of an off piste day. Relieved to find that what felt a bit uncontrolled actually added up to 40g carbs and just under 2,300 calories. Much more than I want, and not to be repeated too often, but far from a disaster - FBG was 5.0 this morning.

Breakfast - a rare one. First class advance ticket was cheaper than standard class. Smoked salmon and scrambled egg was on the menu. Would have been rude not to. Just ditched the toast.

Lunch - took it with me. Lidl protein roll with butter and almond butter.

Dinner - Nando’s. 3 plain wings, plain chicken leg with salad and mayonnaise.

Snacks - complete downfall. Consumed an entire bar of Lindt 90% plus a 20g packet of Sainsbury’s On the Go nut medley and a 25g bar of Willie’s Cacao Venezuelan 72% chocolate.

Today will be a 23/1 fast if it kills me!
At least cocoa is an antioxidant have a good day

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all away at mums but managed 23/1 so pleased. Did succumb though to a weak gin and soda water just before dinner! Dinner chicken salad and one slice of Hilo bread also planning pud of cream whisked with sugar free jelly I did yesterday and brought with me. Out for lunch tomorrow so planning a 16/8 - good to ring the changes! Really keen to get my last target two pounds off!!

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
23/1 fast completed so no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was left over lamb kleftico with cauliflower cheese, followed by 5 Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons.

Reactions: shelley262

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B - sojade soya yogurt
L - scrambled eggs with pesto, courgettes and cheese
D - tomato and coconut soup
snack - alpro almond soy yogurt and some 85% dark chocolate

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9am coffesubstitute and cream
12.30 pub lunch with MIL. Rather reluctant to waste a chunk of time explaining ZC, so didn’t respond when i got ticked off for leaving my garnish. Hilarious. I could see that she had spoken in Mum/Grandma you-shouldn’t-waste-food mode, and also that as soon as she had spoken she realised that she wasn’t MY Mum or Grandmum, and had no authority to speak to me like that. We mutually and politely ignored what she had said and gently changed the subject. Lol.
20.30 goatsmilk yog with cinnamon and erythritol.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good day as mum lots better and consultant happy.
Did 16/8
Lunch out at carvery - pork and turkey with cauliflower plus coffee and cream
Dinner prawn and advocado salad with one slice Hilo bread pudding sugar free jelly whisked with cream and a celebratory gin and soda water - back home tomorrow and it's almost the weekend!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Intended to just eat dinner today, but was very hungry and BG had dropped to 3.6 by around 2pm so had a bag of pork crunch and a peperami.

Dinner was 2 Waitrose free range pork sausages, 2 rashers bacon and a Birds Eye burger followed by raspberries and cream.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9am Paleo porridge - an experiment in anticipation of staying away from home next week.
2pm lamb chops
7pm corned beef heated in a pan, with two eggs cracked into it, sprinkled with cheese and gently cooked till eggs are ready. Seasoned a little with tomato puree, smoked garlic and a sprinkle of onion powder.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7pm corned beef heated in a pan, with two eggs cracked into it, sprinkled with cheese and gently cooked till eggs are ready. Seasoned a little with tomato puree, smoked garlic and a sprinkle of onion powder.

That sounds good. Thanks for the idea - would make a good weekend lunch.

Reactions: shelley262

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was, Cook the Bacon Day.
What did I eat? Well......bacon.
Thin hickory smoked bacon,
thick apple wood smoked bacon,
Bacon and cheese egg cup,
bacon with some chocolate smeared on it,
and a homemade hazelnut butter cup which is where the chocolate smear came from.
Was going to make Keto pancakes with bacon, but got lazy and just looked at the recipe while eating bacon.
There may have been more, but it wasn’t too memorable.
I love Cook the Bacon Day. Yes, I cook enough for a week or two. Less mess to clean up that way.