What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning...woke to a 5.7 today...higher than my usual...could that have been the chocolate éclair sweetie I scoffed before bed:angelic:...cold...raining (again)...getting colder next week...forecast snow...sod off Winter.
Hi Bubbsie you'd better tell us where these Clair's are so we can all give them a go! Haha! K

Reactions: HarryBeau and SueJB

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!

Tired before I start today - weird that you can have a good night's sleep and wake up tired! I'm sure the same thing goes for loads of people but that doesn't make it feel any better...

I officially love our postman! He always stops to say hello to the dogs, but yesterday when Bob told him about Dizzy he asked Bob to pick Tooty up so he could make say a special hello to Dizzy without Madam muscling in and taking over. Mind you, Dizzy is the only dog I've ever had who gets his own Christmas cards from his human friends and neighbours (especially the children) and some of them are people I hardly know!
What a lovely gesture from strangers! K

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
5.2 at 8.15 a.m. and I lurve Wednesdays. Since last August I don't do Wednesdays; the difference it makes to my life is amazing and every week I'm surprised and grateful all over again.

Today we're nipping over to a nearby town where the shopping is much better than our town. It feels like I'm skiving to be out and shopping on a Wednesday.

I signed up to that government gateway thing yesterday which informs me I have 45 full years of NIC contributions with 5 years left to work before I can get my state pension. It let me check how much I paid each year and all I can think is that my school holiday jobs paid contributions because I didn't leave school until I was 18, but the Gateway has me working since I was 16 with pittances contributed those years. I can't remember that far back but I'm pleased with the pension prediction :) If it's still available in 5 years .....