Thought i would try Libre sensors again after giving up on them for a long while

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had 60£ burning a hole in my pocket and with the new freestyle librelink app i thought i give it another go

Nothings changed it still hates my alien physiology

After 12 hour embeding i turned it on to be greeted with the LOW LOW LOW i usualy get
it has stablised now a bit at 1.5mmol lower than my finger prick test

Raw values reported by Glimp (uncalibrated) seem to be a tad more realistic but its jsut raw data and is 1.2 mmol less than my finger prick test

I hate to think of my over night readings tonight :¬)

<<Anyways This is jsut a venting excesise so no need to reply>>

Its a shame IMO but maybe i can save this mess by calibrating it using Glimp manual calibration to finger prick reading option

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I have exactly the same problem (except the readings are low by random amounts of anything up to 4!), so please advise if you manage to get manual calibration to work! I've rad that the interstitial reading can be low if there'e damage being healed round the needle, which is the consistent with the fact that my issues only started after I developed a skin allergy to the sensor (**** T1 autoimmune system)

I have one sensor left, which I'll try in a couple of months....

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
MIne have always read 1-1.5mmol less than my finger pricks, so i've simply looked at the patterns I'm getting rather than the actual figures...

My bigest issue has been the adhesive - the ones I had originally in 2016 were fine - I think I had just one duff sensor. But last year I must have had just the one that didn't come off at some point and that was from my previous batch. I gave up completely in the end as they never replied to my last emails, and at that point I wasn't well and could no longer cope with all the hassle. A pity as I believed they were an excellent tool when they stayed put long enough!

Robbity

Last edited:
Reactions: madusmacus

tubamanandy

I think its better used to look for trends and monitor different food groups - mine always used to read a little under

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Over night it died flatlined at 3.4mmol all night
I dont put it on an arm that i sleep on either (learned that lesson) hehe

I called abbott as usual they sending out a replacement

:¬)

Last edited:

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
MIne have always read 1-1.5mmol less than my finger pricks, so i've simply looked at the patterns I'm getting rather than the actual figures...

My bigest issue has been the adhesive - the ones I had originally in 2016 were fine - I think I had just one duff sensor. But last year I must have had just the one that didn't come off at some point and that was from my previous batch. I gave up completely in the end as they never replied to my last emails, and at that point I wasn't well and could no longer cope with all the hassle. A pity as I believed they were an excellent tool when they stayed put long enough!

Robbity

Trying to get this broken sensor off was a nightmare :¬) I think they now use superglue
The adhesive would only detach from the sensor leaving it rock solid attached to my skin

Maybe i cleaned the area far to well :¬):¬)

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have exactly the same problem (except the readings are low by random amounts of anything up to 4!), so please advise if you manage to get manual calibration to work! I've rad that the interstitial reading can be low if there'e damage being healed round the needle, which is the consistent with the fact that my issues only started after I developed a skin allergy to the sensor (**** T1 autoimmune system)

I have one sensor left, which I'll try in a couple of months....

Glimp managed to pull all the reading up after giving it 3-4 spot finger blood checks
it shows the raw data graph as a faint purple line so you can see what its done

but i am not sure the raw data was any good to start with though
but its nice that you can do this in Glimp

<Beware of glimp and certain phones though - rumours and real Glimp documentation about some phones nukeing the sensors>
it has a list of what works and what does not online and in the app about page

It is belived its the phones NFC that nukes the sensor which is probaly why freestyle librelink app only works on some phones

Reactions: EllieM

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Slashed out another £200 on more sendors this time from a very nice online chemist called weldricks.co.uk
The had no toruble sourceing me 4 of then, deducting the VAT and even delivering in 4 days at the tail end of the snow

All sensors attached in the grey oval areas in the documentation

Final report...

Sensor 1 - Abbott online - Flatlined to 2.5mmol after 2 days - replaced by abbott took 3 weeks
Sensor 2 - Abbott online - WORKED PERFECTLY within 0.2mmol when ever i tested Finger BS - I am in shock!!!
Sensor 3 - Weldricks online - Ramped up +5.0mmol higher then finger BS and stayed there for the 2 days i left it on
Sensor 4 - Weldricks online - Ramped up +3.5mmol higher then finger BS and stayed there for the 2 days i left it on
Sensor 5a Weldricks online - Flipping out - Instant drops to 2.5mmol and back up to 6.0mmol - Over 5 minutes
Sensor 5b Weldricks online - Flipping out - Ramping up to 9.5mmol and back down to 6.0 - Over 5 minutes
Sensor 6 - Not Sure Im goign to Bother anymore,,,

This tek doe NOT WORK on my body following their guidline to the letter
If i worked for Abbott I would be embarased at this its ludicrous

Now with NHS using this failed tek they will be in alot of trouble
Oh,,, Wait... whats all this cant buy sensors they are out of stock... NHS returns maybe?

Anyways ill try again in another 3 years if im not dead

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Slashed out another £200 on more sendors this time from a very nice online chemist called weldricks.co.uk
The had no toruble sourceing me 4 of then, deducting the VAT and even delivering in 4 days at the tail end of the snow

All sensors attached in the grey oval areas in the documentation

Final report...

Sensor 1 - Abbott online - Flatlined to 2.5mmol after 2 days - replaced by abbott took 3 weeks
Sensor 2 - Abbott online - WORKED PERFECTLY within 0.2mmol when ever i tested Finger BS - I am in shock!!!
Sensor 3 - Weldricks online - Ramped up +5.0mmol higher then finger BS and stayed there for the 2 days i left it on
Sensor 4 - Weldricks online - Ramped up +3.5mmol higher then finger BS and stayed there for the 2 days i left it on
Sensor 5a Weldricks online - Flipping out - Instant drops to 2.5mmol and back up to 6.0mmol - Over 5 minutes
Sensor 5b Weldricks online - Flipping out - Ramping up to 9.5mmol and back down to 6.0 - Over 5 minutes
Sensor 6 - Not Sure Im goign to Bother anymore,,,

This tek doe NOT WORK on my body following their guidline to the letter
If i worked for Abbott I would be embarased at this its ludicrous

Now with NHS using this failed tek they will be in alot of trouble
Oh,,, Wait... whats all this cant buy sensors they are out of stock... NHS returns maybe?

Anyways ill try again in another 3 years if im not dead

Didn't you have similarly strange things happen with meters and strips, Madusmacus? If so, you're not having much luck!

Reactions: madusmacus

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I gave it a break for over 2 years hoping the tech might have matured
I think I have one of them boddies that rejects tek :¬)

Problem is you only need 1 (i had 5 bad in a row) sensor dropping to rock bottom or sky high to invalidate weeks of good data making msot of the software a bit pointless. patterns hba1c (guess) etc
(needs a good delete faulty data option)

Anyways i wish them luck with NHS people i realy do

I was hoping this NHS thing would have caused Abbott to make the sensors better...
but FOR ME its even worse than 2 years ago

Nay mind :¬) I am just glad I am not that bad and I dont need and rely on this tek (LCHF controlled T2 etc)

Byeeeeeeeeee :¬)