Test Strips stopped

kentishman

I had the test strips removed from my repeat prescription. When I complained they said if I need them to write them in on the prescription. I did that and got them

descartesmum

I just saw my gp last week and she didn't say anything about the strips. I get 2 boxes of them every 28 days. There are days that I do test a lot due to the Byetta. It's strange but things that might have raised my bs are now lowering it down to the mid 4s, very unusual for me.

Carol

Grandfatherd

ON 23/Sept/2010. blokefromstoke, posted that he was having a meeting with the P.C.P.
This was about test strips. Did he post and tell of the result he received?
Danny.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Grandfatherd said:
ON 23/Sept/2010. blokefromstoke, posted that he was having a meeting with the P.C.P.
This was about test strips. Did he post and tell of the result he received?
Danny.

BFS did post a result on the 10/11/2010.

See here..........

Re: Test Strips stopped
by theblokefromstoke » November 10th, 2010, 4:47 pm

Test Strips Reinstated.

I had a great meeting today with the PCT. I met with a lovely lady and explained to her how i manage my eating, excercise and medication on a daily basis to keep my BG control real tight. I took all of my diaries showing what I eat per day, how I measure all my food, carbs and cals and how this relates to tablets, excercise and my daily BG levels.

She was over the moon with what i was doing and what i'd achived in the 11 months since diagnosis.

I am absolutly committed to managing my Diabetes and not letting it ruin my life.

Test strips have been reinstated.

Thanks for the help guys.

carl

benniesmum

Dislikes
My Doc right now
Carl - great to hear that you persuaded your PCT to back down.

Has anyone succeeded in Bucks? I've got the same problem, but am in a different PCT.

smeatons

I went to collect my repeat prescription today to find that they have halved the normal quota of testing strips to 50 a month. I only had my annual review last week and nothing was mentioned then. I thought the pharmacy had got it wrong. Thankfully I noticed it was a change on the presciption so went back to the doctors and no explanation was given. The woman on the desk has just made a note that 50 strips doesn't cover 3 tests a day and I should see what they do when I next need to order... couldn't see the Doctor or Diabetic Nurse... so I'll find out in 2 weeks time!

Pointed out that it is illegal to drive with a hypo and given I'm going low-ish at the moment around 5pm they could potentially put me in a difficult situation if I can't test if I'm safe to drive or not. They didn't seem that fussed about that.

Hopefully this will all be sorted when I next ring up otherwise I'm going to have to make a bit of a scene... fingers crossed.