Low carb and anticoagulation appliontments.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Went to my anticoag app today my readings of ING have been dying up lately been fry low.I said today that maybe stop vegetables as dark vtedns have it K in nut I was told go carry on they will find the remedy.So I will carry on.Just thought I would go e you an update friends.x

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That happened to me too. Like you I was advised to carry on and they found the correct dose of anticoagulant to put things right. It didn't take long. :)

Reactions: Freema

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Great that's good Zand wish they had an edit button on here always making mistakes.xc

Reactions: zand

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm on warfarin (rat poison!) and had similar results. But mebbe a different response from the anticoagulant team. So when I started low carbing, it meant I was eating more green veg. So more vitamin K and INR dropped.. Which for my clinic wasn't a problem. They understood diabetes should mean diet changes, which affects INR and warfarin dose. So for me that was back to weekly INRs and dose gradually increased from 6mg to 8.5mg.. Which seems to be doing the trick, ie I'm scoring 2.4-2.6 against a range of 2-3 & 2.5 target.

Main thing they told me was try to keep a fairly consistent diet so the dose could be adjusted to suit that.

D

Deleted member 308541

If you have a bad bleed when you are on Warfarin they use Vitamin K as the antidote.

I am on Xarelto and it's not effected by Vitamin K.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These days GPs are willing to prescribe the NOACs (New Ant-Coagulants) as although they cost more per dose than Warfarin, when you factor in all the extra clinic visits and tests on Warfarin they come out cheaper. And they permit you to eat what you want. I am on Dabigatran twice daily. It can cause stomach problems, but I make sure to take it with meals and I have not had any problems. I refused for years to take Warfarin, as I am convinced that vitamin K is good for you and should not be suppressed. I was initially prescribed another NOAC, Apixaban, but found out it has quite a high risk of raising bg.

https://www.dicardiology.com/article/advantages-and-disadvantages-novel-oral-anticoagulants

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh thank you x

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Me too. There is an edit button at the bottom right of your post after you post it. I have to use it EVERY TIME!

I dont see it does it spear on one's phone as that's where I post from most of the time.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I will start using laptop as I might not make many mistakes then lol

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi friends well it's now my second week I think on low carb and I am learning what do can do and not do.Went out today treated my Grandson to a meal,he had a steak banquette and I had a chicken half with skin off, and a housed salad asked for any dressing on the side not on food and I got it.If I feel peckish I have a slither of cheese and a tomato.I am drinking plenty of water so can't wait for fat to fall off.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I dont see it does it spear on one's phone as that's where I post from most of the time.

On my iPhone going into the forum via Safari (I don’t get on with the app) there’s a button that says ‘tools’ at the bottom of your post. Click that then there’s an edit option.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi,
I was on warfarin and they couldn't get my INR above 1.6 and I got to take over 12mg so they decided I was a super rat and started me on Noacs.
Took Apixaban and Rivaroxaban and they played havoc with my bowels I got the screamers!
Eventually settled on Pradaxa and manage on the 110mg version.
No side effects.

Problem with Warfarin it causes arterial calcification and like Statins it is a Vit K antagonist.
Stopping bleeding can be a problem with NOACs but there are antidotes but I don't think first responders have them.
It's a bind getting your INR checked with Warfarin.
regards
Derek

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My friend is on Warfarin. Our area now gives meters and INR strips to patients for home use to save them having to go to the clinic for checks. My friend tests hers and emails the results through to a special email address. If she is worried there is a large change she has a special number to call. Apparently these meters are given to those on long term Warfarin who are willing and able to do the self testing etc.