Type 2: What are your most recent HBA1C results?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
See signature - However like @Bluetit1802 I won't put too much value on any results as our Diabetes.co.uk HBA1c converter estimates are always slightly lower, and those from my Libre sensors when I was using them were suggesting HbA1c in mid 30s, which give a pretty wide range of figures to choose from , so who knows!

But I'm happy with them considering I have a three quarters of a century old pancreas which has been attempting to do its diabetic best on my behalf for the last four years.

Robbity

Your HbA1c's since diagnosis average out at much the same as mine, varying between 41 and 46. Libres have me in the low to mid 30's and my finger pricking has me around 38 maximum. It all seems so mysterious. and gives me no reason to take much notice.

Reactions: Freema

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
today hbA1c 39 down from 106 in October. weight 15 1/2 kilos down liver function improving. bp 140/78 not bad in 4 months. from 80 units of insulin to just metformin. if i can do this anyone can. even my consultant is a supporter of low carbing. mee a good boy. now pass the choccy

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Found out yesterday that I had one taken while another blood test was being taken for something else - so as of 25th Jan it's 55.

Interesting what others are saying that it doesn't always correlate with home testing - my bloods at home average about 6 - with a predicted hbA1c of 35-38 based on last 3 weeks, which is when I started testing.

Having said that 55 is just a month after dx on 72 and 6 weeks of low carbing, my next HbA1c isn't until mid-April, so will be interesting to see if it's closer to home testing results once it's showing an average based on 3 months, not just 1 month.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
remember your home testing is just a brief moment during the day. the HbA1c is the average over the 3 months. that includes the iffy numbers at the start your next test will be better well done and keep it up.

Reactions: eggs11

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got my latest result today - 38 (5.6%) compared to 46 (6.4%) in May last year.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Signature updated the other day! :happy:

Mikeee

Not good for me 77 %. I have had cold and flu since Christmas and I've not been very active. Docs want me to double up on the metformin. Ive started back at the gym and hoping to get my levels down now I'm more active.

lt1v14

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was 46 (6.4%) last 12 Dec 2017.
I was told it was a pre-diabetic range.

Huge drop from 85 (13%) on diagnosis last Sept 2017!

Next one is end of Jan 2018.

HOw did you get your levels down?

Chocomin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oct 2017: 116 (Gonna have to double check this because... yikes! Is that possible?)

Feb 2018 : 'normal'! (Won't tell me what figure actually is)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oct 2017: 116 (Gonna have to double check this because... yikes! Is that possible?)

Feb 2018 : 'normal'! (Won't tell me what figure actually is)

Then I urge you to find out - you can ask for a print out. You really need to know. One person's idea of normal is not anothers.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
I'll tell you end of April. Last one was 6.0 I think.

Ishi

In September 2017 it was 5.6% but in January 2018 it went up to 5.8%.
Doctor said it was good considering Christmas time. I don't which numbers to aim for as my doctor tells me to keep it below 7%.
Any suggestion or tip? Thank you

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In September 2017 it was 5.6% but in January 2018 it went up to 5.8%.
Doctor said it was good considering Christmas time. I don't which numbers to aim for as my doctor tells me to keep it below 7%.
Any suggestion or tip? Thank you

What diabetes medications are you on as that may make a difference.

Reactions: dbr10