One word?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your insulin must be better than mine...

I've logged some odd numbers in my time.. ;)

image.jpeg

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diabolical

Oh diaBollocks etc. to be reserved for diabetics only when insulin is forgotten or blood sugars are 'out of range' etc.

Reactions: caius2x8

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
U
But no idea what castrated cattle have to do with it.
I suppose in some respects us T1's are like castrated cattle.
Something we was keen to keep hold of has been rendered useless.:)

NoKindOfSusie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In terms of "I am living my life with diabetes and diabetes is not going to stop me living it as I want to live it."

You WANT to keep sticking bits of metal in yourself?

I am sorry to keep being the downer here but I do not think it is very helpful to say this sort of thing.

It is very very obviously not true.

D

Deleted Account

You WANT to keep sticking bits of metal in yourself?

I am sorry to keep being the downer here but I do not think it is very helpful to say this sort of thing.

It is very very obviously not true.
No I do not want to inject or rely on any medication but just because I have to does not mean, for me, that I will not have a full, adventurous, loving, healthy life.
We all have different ways at looking at life and I like to look at mine in terms of what I can do and make the most of this rather than at what I cannot do.
Some may think I am hiding my head in the sand but I believe I know some of the risks and chose to manage it as best I can without having too great an impact on my life now and for the foreseeable future with the knowledge and tools I have available to me.

You may not think this is a very helpful thing to say but, if I read it from someone else, I would hope I would be influenced by their positive attitude.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
No I do not want to inject or rely on any medication but just because I have to does not mean, for me, that I will not have a full, adventurous, loving, healthy life.
We all have different ways at looking at life and I like to look at mine in terms of what I can do and make the most of this rather than at what I cannot do.
Some may think I am hiding my head in the sand but I believe I know some of the risks and chose to manage it as best I can without having too great an impact on my life now and for the foreseeable future with the knowledge and tools I have available to me.

You may not think this is a very helpful thing to say but, if I read it from someone else, I would hope I would be influenced by their positive attitude.
Blimey, I do not know where that came from. I read your message as very upbeat and positive. As if you want to stick needles into yourself. I have quite a few health problems, but will always try my best like you to look on the bright side. Positives for me having Prediabetes, or even if it were Diabetes would be..I have lost weight, found the right foods to eat, due to learning from others on here. Have been able to get into clothes that I have in my wardrobe that I never thought that I would be able to,and glad that I am surviving and living my life. Don't worry your post was great

D

Deleted Account

Blimey, I do not know where that came from. I read your message as very upbeat and positive. As if you want to stick needles into yourself. I have quite a few health problems, but will always try my best like you to look on the bright side. Positives for me having Prediabetes, or even if it were Diabetes would be..I have lost weight, found the right foods to eat, due to learning from others on here. Have been able to get into clothes that I have in my wardrobe that I never thought that I would be able to,and glad that I am surviving and living my life. Don't worry your post was great
Thanks @derry60
I have said in the past that having diabetes is a pest but being diagnosed is a positive thing as it gives us the tools to do something about our health.
Thankfully, I was only feeling under the weather for a couple of months when I was diagnosed but I was starting to wonder when I would get my energy back. And, 3 months after my diagnosis I did the Moonwalk for Breast Cancer (26 miles through the streets of London overnight) which proved it didn't take me long.
But, as I said, we are all different, we react different ways to many things in life including diagnosis with a chronic disease. There is no right or wrong way to react just different views on life.

Well done on your weight loss. Congratulations on being able to fit into your old clothes. I wonder if you used it as an excuse to "reward" yourself with some new clothes.
(That was a rhetorical question ... reflecting my person reward system)

Reactions: Leeannea