Here we go again! Heartbeat skipping a beat.

Shahnaz2357

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've woke this morning with my heart skipping a beat and heavy chest.
I'm at my gp for 30min appointment with nurse for a a check up. Ive had a few weeks of sleep interruption.
Im struggling to get out of bed.
I need to force this and get up and do my meds which should help.

Wish me luck?
Thinking of you .... hope you are better today

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just back from a&e. My back is killing me. I need some sleep. Totally shattered and dizzy. Nauseous so putting me off sleeping. Dr thinks muscular rather than internal pain. Paracetamol and codeine every 4hrs with a laxative twice a day. If no bowel movement in 2 days I have to return.

Margaretjamieson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine is opposite. Only get problems when low carbing. Humf!
Ive I had this afternoon and evening in constipation pain. I cannot go to bed until its passed.
Its making me feel sick now. I have a blockage.
Luckily my skipped beat seems to have settled down which started slowly after taking my blood pressure tablets. It was very very mild at nurse appointment so I just told her and left it at that. My notes have anxiety written all over them. I don't like to go on. Anyway my blood pressure was 136/83 which she assured me was good and my pulse was 98.
I'm just waiting for all the water and fibre to push through and relieve my pain. I've had no choice but take my codeine for my back a few hours ago due to more horrific pain which is easing from my back. Luckily.

I just want to sleep without pain for more than 3hrs.

Hope you feel better soon..

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
Just back from a&e. My back is killing me. I need some sleep. Totally shattered and dizzy. Nauseous so putting me off sleeping. Dr thinks muscular rather than internal pain. Paracetamol and codeine every 4hrs with a laxative twice a day. If no bowel movement in 2 days I have to return.
The problem is that codeine causes constipation. So you're just going in a perpetual circle. Constipation pain = take codeine = helps pain= constipation. I had horrendous stomach pain which felt like I was full of gas plus pain in my back between my shoulder blades. I tried rennes and weird exercises which I found online to get rid of gas. Nothing helped. It turned out that I had gallstones which I had to have surgery to remove the gallbladder. I hope you feel better soon. Mention gallstones to your GP. Dx

Biggles2

Just saw this thread now @ickihun. So sorry to hear you have been poorly. I hope you are on the mend. I agree with @deb1960 careful with the codeine as it may make the constipation worse. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The problem is that codeine causes constipation. So you're just going in a perpetual circle. Constipation pain = take codeine = helps pain= constipation. I had horrendous stomach pain which felt like I was full of gas plus pain in my back between my shoulder blades. I tried rennes and weird exercises which I found online to get rid of gas. Nothing helped. It turned out that I had gallstones which I had to have surgery to remove the gallbladder. I hope you feel better soon. Mention gallstones to your GP. Dx
Will do.
Its always something.
A&e mention a slight inflammation in my bloods. Reoccurring result. We still don't do know what it is.
He complimented me on my good sugars. Kidneys are perfect for a diabetic too. He told me to keep with water. I told him insulin helps a great deal even thou on alot. Hes very pleased with the way im looking after myself. Student dr agreed with him. I told him partner helps me.
So if no passing of solid waste in 2 days I'm to return to a&e. There's no sign of anything, not even high fibre small dinner. I'm scared to eat.
I have to put a urine test in at GP. As blood was In my sample and no sugar. :) :(.
GP might help me more when i see him about these pains. Even on codeine+paracetamol.
Hoping not from my damaged ovary or. .... fibromyalgia, which has been mooted by a few medical bods now.
Thank god for insulin keeping my sugars good so this is not from diabetes or any complication. I've added a few lbs but must be due to constipation as im taking metformin religiously. God im never going to get this stone off before bariatric surgery. A stone I want off to help with my recovery or any more weight loss really. I've lost my target loss for op but i just wanted as much off as possible, myself.
I just need these pains to be relieved, even a little, so I can exercise when losing weight.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was reassured by 2 ecgs in a&e that my heart is fine. Phew!!
Apparently this jump can be normal.
Never had it before thou. Won't be surprised if from betablockers.

Lovely ambulance crew member talked about slimming world. They get obsessed about food, most people I know on it. Mind you she wasnt overweight.
Maybe safe obsession isn't harmful? Well I'm doing my best and trying to ignore any hiccups whilst slimming. Including constipation and bloating.
Onwards and upwards.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
GP testing gallbladder and changed my painkillers to stop pain.

Reactions: deb1960

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
GP treating me for infection in gallbladder or intestine. 2 more new meds on their way. I'm definitely rattling now. Advised to reduce codeine.
An antibiotic and I think an antispasm tablet. Awaiting chemist to deliver.
I'm in agony!

Handed in a urine test and blood test wasn't booked in correctly.... Apparently by a relief receptionist on Wednesday. So still no blood tests til maybe next week. Humf!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Worrying now that gallbladder messing me up for smooth bariatric surgery?

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was reassured by 2 ecgs in a&e that my heart is fine. Phew!!
Apparently this jump can be normal.
Never had it before thou. Won't be surprised if from betablockers.

Lovely ambulance crew member talked about slimming world. They get obsessed about food, most people I know on it. Mind you she wasnt overweight.
Maybe safe obsession isn't harmful? Well I'm doing my best and trying to ignore any hiccups whilst slimming. Including constipation and bloating.
Onwards and upwards.
Hi @ickihun hubby sometimes suffers from a missing heartbeat and then it seems to put an extra one in to compensate! It goes on for a day or two and then calms down. Hope yours settles quickly

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Worrying now that gallbladder messing me up for smooth bariatric surgery?
Rapid weight loss often causes gallstones and a lot of surgeons routinely remove the gallbladder at the same time as the bypass surgery.

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've got my appointment through for the cardiologist at the end of March. Hope you're feeling better Dx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Rapid weight loss often causes gallstones and a lot of surgeons routinely remove the gallbladder at the same time as the bypass surgery.
I just hope I can wait in pain for it to happen. I'm at my wits end. Up through the night in pain or heavy discomfort.
I don't want 2 ops, no matter how minor gallbladder removal seems to be these days.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've got my appointment through for the cardiologist at the end of March. Hope you're feeling better Dx
Awaiting a duplicate ultrasound scan from Jan'17 actioned by the lovely cardiologist who suspected my gallbladder or similar problem then.
My scan was clear.
A&E told me outright they didn't want to duplicate my scan but GP has requested it due to pain getting worse.

I'm still happy my heart is healthy despite all its pain and its jumping around. I think they did the heart attack blood test.
Loads of blood tests and my kidneys came back excellent for a diabetic. I was delighted. More delighted that I could come home.....by far. :) :) :)

Reactions: Margaretjamieson

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It was iron deficiency anaemia. Humf!

Saw a senior physio at tea time. He talked about how the brain registers pain and the brain can be the receiver.
Not sure what he was truly getting at. Whether he too suspects fibromyalgia or diabetic neuropathy is worse than I think. We mentioned numb baby toe and how pregabalin is helping with balance.
6wks til next appointment. Not sure what I got out of appointment but he got the lowdown but more to tell him as I get overcome when talking about all my problems so I skipped some and told him what I'd done and why.
I have huge confidence in him. I'm sure if anyone can help, it's him.
Waiting for 29th May now.

In totally agony again with my walking. Back locks and pelvis too. Spasms trying to walk, total agony. Even on tramadol, paracetamol and ibuprofen. Oh and pregabalin.