What did you do for exercise yesterday?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jo_the_boat . Sounds like a busy day.:)
Worked in a builders merchants many many years ago.
Blo* dy awkward things are plasterboards. 6x3 not to bad , but the big ones a night mare.
Hope there's no leaks from the pipe work :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jo_the_boat . Sounds like a busy day.:)
Worked in a builders merchants many many years ago.
Blo* dy awkward things are plasterboards. 6x3 not to bad , but the big ones a night mare.
Hope there's no leaks from the pipe work :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yes, mainly 6 x 3s for the ceilings (12.5 mm so heavy enough). I've only done 9 so far out of about 80!
I have a few 8 x 4s for a couple of walls so that shouldn't be too bad.
We'll do a water test this morning and I'll hope to get home to watch the rugby without too many dribbly disasters! :hungover:

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This morning 2 hours back and chest with some cardio and abs Feeling battered now.

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually didn’t do any exercise Yesterday , But did walk and shop for 6 hours the day before , and did 2000 calories at fitness the day before that ( 14 km uphill and lots of weight exercises ) ,so just did a lot of knitting yesterday

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I don't like the idea of exercise. I do enjoy being active though , I cycle to the shops and on average do 10,000 steps per day but can't do gyms and the like.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Did a total of 11 miles of walking punctuated with 200 plus pushups, split in half. 3600 plus calories burned on Fitbit. Single set of compound exercises.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
No danger of Lactic acidosis yesterday either.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is this going to turn into a recurring/daily thread like the fasting BG one? I feel like it would be helpful for everyone to check in with each other and get encouragement and support. Good idea for a post @NewTD2

Anyway no exercise for me today - apparently I can eat without bolusing, and need much less basal than usual so I'm not risking any lows. Sitting at my computer, stuffing my face with delicious carbs :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Sorry sometimes I just say the first thing that comes into my head and in this case it was Swine.

Just a bit jealous though I did have a few carbs on my birthday.:)

Last edited:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Exercise - what's that??

Seriously, I used to have a pretty active life both at home and pre-retirement at work too, which has declined as I've got older and my knees have become worse. But it was generally routine activities: housework, gardening, walking (mainly with the dogs), with a bit of gentle cycling, and frequently heaving heavy books or computers around at work ... However now I feel I deserve a rest - which hasn't actually stopped me losing a fair bit of weight eating LCHF though, just sitting around on my bum all day! Someting all that previous activity never did for me after I started gaining it. :wideyed:

Robbity

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was in A&E sittings in a chair. Comfy chair but when ilI you want to lie down and sleep. Awaiting test results and Dr but to be honest more opportunity to move around, if up to it.
I walked in agony and puffing like a good'n to get through hospital to a taxi home. I was thankful to porters who pushed me to and back from x-ray. Bless them.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Today I struggled to the bus stop. 4 times to get home. Chest pain and back agony slowing me down.
Now in bed in total agony. Muscular problem it seems.
Im working on a solution. Wish me luck?

Reactions: OrsonKartt and DJC3

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I went to the dentist.
Today I have been to a chiropractor to help me with what I thought was a trapped nerve.
"Trapped nerve" is keeping me from any exercising at the moment.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yesterday I went to the dentist.
Today I have been to a chiropractor to help me with what I thought was a trapped nerve.
"Trapped nerve" is keeping me from any exercising at the moment.
Oh no!
Did chiropractor confirm trapped nerve?
My physio hinted mine being bulging disc/s.
I hope your luckier than me.
Im in total muscular agony. Fighting to keep active.
Internal spasms too now.
Please let me know how you get on Ive had mine 2yrs now. :(

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The usual pre-breakfast walk (30 minutes) and an hours walk in the evening while son was in his judo class. Plus some charging around the school field in he snow with my 3 and 4 year old darlings (and probably wresting 38 kids in and out of waterproof over trousers counts too :) )