How to avoid pain in joint while running fast ?

Chandradev819

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
My age is 34 and 61 kg body weight. I am running since from 2 years for 20 to 30 min in morning, but nowadays i get some pain in left leg joint, but while walking i don't get.

is it required to stop running in morning ? what is your suggestion on this ? have anyone get this type of pain ?

woodenone46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i would suggest you get it looked at before continuing to run. You do not want to do untold damage. Does pain last long once you have finished running & if so do you ice it & elevate to help reduce any inflamation.
Difficult to say if anybody else would have the dsame sotrt of pain as there are many different reasons for that pain.
I tore my Hamstring Tendon last year & had to have 3-4months without any running. I can now run but have to run with pain but I also have the same pain when walking & the pain does not get any worse when I run so am ok.
As I said earlier. get it checked out first then i would take it easy for a while then startrunning again with gentle runs of 15- 20 mins increasing gradually back up to 20 - 30 then further if you wish.
I,m 71 & run I'm 71 & run3/4 times a week covering up to 26km a week

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Knees wear out.
People who run a great deal quite often have knee problems later in life.
So you should take great care of your knees and preferably not run if it hurts.

Once very important thing is to use proper running shoes designed for your particular running style.
This can help cushion your feet, ankles, knees and hips when you run.
This in turn could keep you injury free for longer.

I have had to give up running because of knee joint pain; however that was only about 3 years ago and I am 67.
I can still walk, but if I walk too energetically (long fast strides) I get knee pain as well.
Cycling seems O.K. but for the occasional little niggle.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We feel pain for a reason - it is our body telling us something is wrong. It needs investigating.

Chandradev819

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks a lot for sharing your suggestion. It looks like my new shoes is not comfortable for running. In last year with old shoes i was running 5 round in park. But nowadays whenever i complete 3 round of park then i will get the pain in left leg joint.

when i stop running i don't get pain. In home i don't get pain. Every day i also walk 2 hrs but in formal shoes. while going to office i go by walk and come back by walk. I don't get any pain in joint. Even after having dinner i do 30 to 40 min aerobic exercise then also i don't get pain in joint.

Now i will change the running shoes and do experiment.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Do not forget to get a doctor to check its not something medical before changing shoes