Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
This .morning
Three chicken Chipolatas grilled and egg.sausages are 48 calories and 1.8 carbs each.

Lunch time chocolate flavoured nut bar gluten free

Dinner
Pork cabbage and brussels.

Reactions: heh

lalacakez

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nothing really just apple juice with kale onion carrot pear water mixed it with splenda then strawberry pineapple I juiced alot but it was worth it then for lunch a slice of toast with butter half a banana a cup of blueberries mixed with blackberry carbonated water mixed with lemon crystal light aka my soda pop then dinner I had soup with lots of veggies drank to much water so i couldn't finish it then I took my lantus I have a food baby belly now

Frawla

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am reading through the replies in shock and awe! I was diagnosed as diabetic 3 weeks ago after years of steroids and a particularly difficult winter. I have lost 3 kilos in 3 weeks and have started at a gym with a trainer so I am trying my best to change my lifestyle but I am finding eating three meals a day very very difficult. I am used to going hours without eating which ironically raises my blood glucose. Eating breakfast is so hard. Any ideas from your experience please

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea x 2
B: Kelloggs crunchy nut peanut butter clusters with skimmed milk & 2 boiled eggs
Latte (boss bought it for those of us that turned up at work)
L: Butternut squash & sweet potato soup, 2 wholemeal toast & butter, berries & Activia NAS yogurt
T: Pork ribs in BBQ sauce cooked in the slow cooker & basmati rice
Tea during the day

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am reading through the replies in shock and awe! I was diagnosed as diabetic 3 weeks ago after years of steroids and a particularly difficult winter. I have lost 3 kilos in 3 weeks and have started at a gym with a trainer so I am trying my best to change my lifestyle but I am finding eating three meals a day very very difficult. I am used to going hours without eating which ironically raises my blood glucose. Eating breakfast is so hard. Any ideas from your experience please

If you’re not used to eating breakfast and don’t fancy anything first thing you could just try coffee with cream.

Otherwise I’d suggest something cold - I spent a lot of time in hospital last year and found it hard to eat anything but cold food was definitely easier to stomach as it didn’t smell. Maybe Greek yoghurt and berries or a continental type cold platter of meat and cheese?
Good luck.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday...

Creamy coffee

B: coconut porridge with strawberries ( thanks for the tip @Rachox, it looked like a small portion but was so rich and satisfying, kept me full all morning)

L: ham omlette with parmesan and rocket salad. Couple of diet cokes

Costa Americano with whole milk

D M&S 97% pork sausages (I had 2) with keto cauliflower and cheese mash, and cabbage cooked in garlic butter.
Sugar free jelly with a dollop of Greek yougurt

Couple more coffees and a tea throughout the day

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday...

Creamy coffee

B: coconut porridge with strawberries ( thanks for the tip @Rachox, it looked like a small portion but was so rich and satisfying, kept me full all morning)

L: ham omlette with parmesan and rocket salad. Couple of diet cokes

Costa Americano with whole milk

D M&S 97% pork sausages (I had 2) with keto cauliflower and cheese mash, and cabbage cooked in garlic butter.
Sugar free jelly with a dollop of Greek yougurt

Couple more coffees and a tea throughout the day

It’s brilliant the, ‘porridge’ isn’t it?! Just what’s needed these freezing mornings :hungry:

Reactions: heh and DJC3

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: Raspberries & Greek yogurt, mushroom omelette, tea
L: (Out with a friend) Ham butty on seedy bread, one of those mini baskets of chips, salad & coleslaw.
T: Chicken cacciatore (BBC Good Food recipe) with some wholewheat pasta, 2 glasses of red wine.
Tea during the day.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee and cream first thing.

B: bacon and eggs - Mr C said he’d cook me breakfast but only if I had bacon! (he said he wasn’t faffing around with coconut porridge!)his bacon butty looked tempting but mine was nice too. Always good if someone else makes it for you.

L: salad with green leaves, avocado, ham and cheese. Oil and vinegar dressing. Followed by Greek yoghurt and sugar free jelly.

D: Thai green curry with cauli rice. Recipe from The Real Meal Revolution which was recommended by someone on this forum ( sorry I can’t remember who) Pretty good.

S:Few coffees with cream and a cup of tea throughout the day. Plus a handful of almonds

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Coffee and cream first thing.

....he said he wasn’t faffing around with coconut porridge!

Poor show! I make it every morning. I think I could do it with my eyes shut now! :joyful:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha I know, feeble eh? But I wasn’t about to turn down his offer.
Back to coconut porrige today, feeling nice and warm and full before braving the Tube, most of which seem to be delayed

Reactions: heh and Rachox

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today coffee and cream very early

Breakfast: coconut porridge with quite a large strawberry ( no offer to make breakfast again from Mr C) More coffee

1pm: cup of onion soup and handful of pistachios. White coffee

4:30pm: 2 egg cheese omlette. Handful of almonds while I was cooking it

9pm: shredded brussels sprouts fried with chorizo.
Probably shouldn’t be eating this late but it had been an exhausting day, mentally and physically and I was hard pressed not to scoff the whole bar of my emergency Lindt choc I keep carefully hidden from myself.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Milky coffee at 3.45am :eek:
B: Irish porridge oats with skimmed milk & 2 tsp nutella, 2 boiled eggs, tea
L: 2 seeded bread toast with smoked mackerel pate, apple & Activia NAS yogurt
T: Slow cooker "roast" chicken, baby potatoes, sprouts & carrots. G&T, 2 glasses malbec
A couple of handfuls of sweet & salty popcorn

Alan (OH) went to see the doctor today, his HbA1c has gone up slightly, the doctor wanted to put his metformin up but Alan told him about our trip to the various European Christmas markets we visited in December and reminded him about Christmas. Doctor agreed that he could stay on 2 a day and will test again in 3 months' time.

Reactions: DJC3

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Chocolate flavoured nut bar

Chicken soup that was too salty so only ate half a bowl

Chocolate flavoured choc nut bar.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So far today
Tea
B: Irish porridge oats with stevia & cinnamon, 2 poached eggs on an avocado
L: Left over Chicken Marengo (new recipe from Good Food website), 3 mini melon slices & an Activia NAS yogurt
Small banana
Tea will be Ikea meatballs with a few skin on chips and Ikea meatball sauce

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday
Tea
B: Mushroom & tomato omelette, coffee
L: Tesco chicken casserole with dumplings, berries & Activia NAS yogurt
Small banana
T: Lamb steak, Tilda Caribbean rice & a French vegetable gratin, coffee
Tea during the day.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. Been away in the motorhome again this weekend. Wasn't too bad food wise, had moules frites yesterday - deeeeeeeeelish but there was quite a bit of alcohol involved :D. Got home to find that Sarah (DD) has been to Tesco and bought tea for tonight which isn't going to be great carb wise - salmon en croute, parmentier potatoes, mangetout (it's all sounding very French isn't it :D) to be followed by apple crumble & custard.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
B - Diet Dr Chia porridge
L- leftover meatballs
D - chicken parmesan (unbreaded), broc & cauli

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Snack few nuts

Lunch
Breaded cod fillet and cherry tomatoes

Snack

Tea
Beef and Mustard sandwich.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: Mushroom omelette, milky coffee
L: Ham, tomato & laughing cow butty on wholemeal, berries & mullerlight yogurt
T: Minced beef & sweet potato stew (new recipe from Good Food) & cabbage, coffee.
Tea during the day.