Flash sensors

Ann48

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All,

I've been using the Freestyle Libra since early December. The first one was given to me together with the reader by the hospital to trial. I was very impressed at first. Since then I've been self funding them. I'm finding variations in BG readings between sensors. Sometimes the sensor is 1-2mmols below and sometimes higher than the meter. Generally I blood test first thing in the morning, before I drive and last thing before bed. I enter the libra reading into the pump the rest the time. Out of the 5 sensors I've used, 1 was almost spot on the rest not so.

Have any of you found this to be the case.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
1-2 mmols is pretty accurate to be honest as its not "blood glucose" that is being tested. The results are aprox 10 mins behind and those results would be with the 20% tolerance n the tests

Ann48

Type of diabetes
Type 1
1-2 mmols is pretty accurate to be honest as its not "blood glucose" that is being tested. The results are aprox 10 mins behind and those results would be with the 20% tolerance n the tests

Thank you for your reply. Quite a few readings on the sensor are showing below 4, when I blood test it's usually around 5-6. Having said that, I'm finding being able to track which way the graph is going very good.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I use mine all the time. I still do a finger prick to bolus. But it is amazing for spotting trends

delmcp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just for further information the Libra is not acknowledge by DVLA for testing prior to driving or 2 hourly when driving, you will still have to use finger prick testing for that.

JimH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm also using the Glimp app on my smartphone to read the sensors. Glimp only shows the raw sensor data so it is different from the values you see on the Libre reader, but after adding a few finger prick glucose readings to Glimp, the resulting chart is adjusted to something a bit closer to reality.

Reactions: Ann48

Ann48

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just for further information the Libra is not acknowledge by DVLA for testing prior to driving or 2 hourly when driving, you will still have to use finger prick testing for that.

My DSN explained that it's not been passed by DVLA, I do a BG check before driving.

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
I tried it for a while, also tried Dexcom. The Dex is more accurate. But now just do a lot of bg tests.
As I see it theres no point unless it is better than 1 mml accuracy

Ann48

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I tried it for a while, also tried Dexcom. The Dex is more accurate. But now just do a lot of bg tests.
As I see it theres no point unless it is better than 1 mml

Agree"richyb, can't totally go by the libra result. Generally I blood test before meals as the meter is linked to the pump. Does the dexcom work out similar to the libra. I find the graph and trend useful, but still expensive.