Kidney Issues

gillbob99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
HEllo can someone help me, I had my annual check with my diabetic nurse last week and she sent my urine off and it’s come back saying it has ACR in it Albomin Creatinine, something like that, so I looked it up and it’s to do with my kidneys, I am jsure w worried sick, I have T2D for 2 years now. Please can someone help. I won’t be seeing my nurse until 3 weeks time. My anxiety is through the roof.

quintel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ACR is the abbreviation for Albumin Creatinine Ratio. It’s a measure of how well your kidneys are functioning. For your results you should’ve got a number back which is your ACR in mg/mmol

gillbob99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I wasn’t told the amount, the receptionist at the doctors couldn’t pronounce the issue she had to spell it, she didn’t have a clue

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn’t told the amount, the receptionist at the doctors couldn’t pronounce the issue she had to spell it, she didn’t have a clue

Ring them up and ask for a print out. The receptionist isn't qualified to understand the results. The ratio should be under 3mg/mol, or at least it is for females according to my lab report. If you get the print out it will tell you what the normal standard range is.