Snacks

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I got most things nearly under control now and have become an advocate for the low carb diet. However still can't get rid of this craving to eat at about 9pm. I am aware thus is a daft time to eat anything but anybody got any ideas? I'm dreaming of chocolate cake and I'm about to do a smash and grab on a sweet shop :)
I can't see anything wrong with having a 9pm snack as long as it is not sweet stuff

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Have a mug of hot marmite with a spoon of butter in if you want a savoury fix.

I usually have my evening meal at 9pm.

Reactions: Speedbird

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Hi what's a mug cake please
An individual cake in a mug made mainly from ingredients like almond and coconut flour and egg and cooked in a microwave. So very quick to cook up if you are craving snacks. Usually uses sweeteners like stevia or erythritol (sp?) and shouldn't spike your blood sugar.
Google low carb mug cake...
Clearly if you are being purist, probably microwaving and encouraging a sweet tooth aren't great for you but I find this helps me to be less deprived long term. Xx

Reactions: Russell52

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You may not NEED a snack but sometimes you just WANT one and you don't want more cheese or flipping nuts (much as I love both). I have two squares of dark chocolate and it does the trick.

Reactions: DJC3

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It's the probably that's a bit off putting
I’ve cooked similar things in the oven, like the fathead pizza base with no problem. Going to be trying these in there too, probably tomorrow as it looks like a snow day!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I’ve cooked similar things in the oven, like the fathead pizza base with no problem. Going to be trying these in there too, probably tomorrow as it looks like a snow day!
OK we'll give it a go tomorrow, wonder what temp to cook them at and also how long. High and short if that isn't a contradiction in terms

Madmaureen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I get hungry too at 9pm and guess what I have a freebie 3 egg mushroom omelette if that doesnt fill u up dont know what will!!

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
When I was low GI eating, I would be ravenous after an evening 3 mile HiiT walk. I would have a baked sea bass or leeks and asparagus. If I were you I would try the earlier advice of increasing the quality fats you have at your last meal. Once you are fat adapted snacks are a thing of the past - I am still full after a 16.30 meal and a 3.5 mile snow affected walk, and have enough energy to do a couple of sets of dumbbells.